Posted to talk.religion.misc,talk.religion.buddhism,soc.culture.scottish,rec.woodworking,alt.history

Default May 21, 2011: JUDGMENT DAY!!!!!!

"conwaycaine" wrote in message

"Robert Peffers" wrote in message

"conwaycaine" wrote in message

"Robert Peffers" wrote in message

Considering that since the dawn of time there has not been a single bit
of proof such things as gods exist or have ever existed it is a bit
like Santa, fairies and goblins.

The dawn of time itself was a bit of proof.............

Was it?
Not as far as I, (and many more cleverer people), know.

Why does there need to be a God to kick things of?
If there was nothing before the, (so called), big bang, then what is God
made from?

Something out of nothing?
That path leads to madness.
That or the realization that there is much more to this universe than we
can possibly comprehend.

Oh! We are getting there. Slowly but getting there just the same.

The theory goes that the Universe began out of nothing as a, "singularity"
something like 13.7 billion years ago. So, just what is, "a singularity" and
where does a Singularity come from? The answer is that we really are not
sure. Singularities are areas, or zones, that defy our current knowledge of
physics. Some think they are what is in the cores of, "black holes. So what
are, " Black holes", they are areas of massive gravitational pressure that
are so intense that matter is actually squashed into infinite density. (Now
that mathematical concept is really mind blowing). Anyway they call these
areas of infinite density, "Singularities". So the universe is said to have
begun as an infinitely small, infinitely hot, and infinitely dense,
"Singularity", but we don't know where it came from or why it did.

So now is your cue to claim it was God wot done it, (and mine to say, but
there was nothing there to do it with or to).