Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Default Instead of a right angle drive, how about a light duty T-drive?

Desperately seeking sources for a T-drive. What I mean by that is
something like these.

Milwaukee 48-06-2871 (right angle drive) or 49-22-8510 (right
angle drill attachment)

General Tools 924

Metabo 631078000

Vermont American 17171 or 17172

Milescraft 1390

It has to be similar in strength/durability/ruggedness to those,
but instead of having only one right angle shaft, the driven
shafts would stick out in both directions, like a T. When doing
some research, I have seen a few that looked bulky and heavy,
stuff that would be bolted onto a powerful motor on a workbench.
Anything lighter?

Thanks for any keywords or links.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On Feb 4, 2:45*am, John Doe wrote:
Desperately seeking sources for a T-drive. What I mean by that is
something like these.

Milwaukee 48-06-2871 (right angle drive) or 49-22-8510 (right
angle drill attachment)

General Tools 924

Metabo 631078000

Vermont American 17171 or 17172

Milescraft 1390

It has to be similar in strength/durability/ruggedness to those,
but instead of having only one right angle shaft, the driven
shafts would stick out in both directions, like a T. When doing
some research, I have seen a few that looked bulky and heavy,
stuff that would be bolted onto a powerful motor on a workbench.
Anything lighter?

Thanks for any keywords or links.

http://tinyurl.com/62m3ays

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On Feb 4, 2:45*am, John Doe wrote:
Desperately seeking sources for a T-drive. What I mean by that is
something like these.

Milwaukee 48-06-2871 (right angle drive) or 49-22-8510 (right
angle drill attachment)

General Tools 924

Metabo 631078000

Vermont American 17171 or 17172

Milescraft 1390

It has to be similar in strength/durability/ruggedness to those,
but instead of having only one right angle shaft, the driven
shafts would stick out in both directions, like a T. When doing
some research, I have seen a few that looked bulky and heavy,
stuff that would be bolted onto a powerful motor on a workbench.
Anything lighter?

Thanks for any keywords or links.

Most people use a portable right angle drill drive to get into tight
areas. Having a T defeats that. Perhaps if you told us what you were
really trying to do it might get you better suggestions. A shaft
ending with a 45 deg gear driving a second shaft that goes both ways
with a 45 deg gear on it is not unheard of. Some simple self
propelled equipment often has something like that.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

"jamesgangnc" wrote in message
Most people use a portable right angle drill drive to get into tight
areas. Having a T defeats that.

Don't know how much torque he needs, but I've found this little guy *very*
useful.
http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...411,43417&ap=2

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On Feb 4, 9:24*am, "Upscale" wrote:
"jamesgangnc" wrote in message

Most people use a portable right angle drill drive to get into tight
areas. *Having a T defeats that.

Don't know how much torque he needs, but I've found this little guy *very*
useful.http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...1,43411,43417&...

That looks handy but he's after something like a traditional car rear
axle only smaller. I'm not sure his purpose is drilling at all.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

John Doe wrote:
Desperately seeking sources for a T-drive. What I mean by that is
something like these.

http://ak.buy.com/PI/0/250/204622900.jpg

One could bolt two of these to a baseplate and use
a timing belt to drive one from the other, yes?

--Winston

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On 2/4/2011 1:45 AM, John Doe wrote:
Desperately seeking sources for a T-drive. What I mean by that is
something like these.

Milwaukee 48-06-2871 (right angle drive) or 49-22-8510 (right
angle drill attachment)

General Tools 924

Metabo 631078000

Vermont American 17171 or 17172

Milescraft 1390

It has to be similar in strength/durability/ruggedness to those,
but instead of having only one right angle shaft, the driven
shafts would stick out in both directions, like a T. When doing
some research, I have seen a few that looked bulky and heavy,
stuff that would be bolted onto a powerful motor on a workbench.
Anything lighter?

Thanks for any keywords or links.

Quick Google search turned up:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/4neubg6

http://www.sdp-si.com/

http://www.sdp-si.com/eStore/CoverPg...gle_Drives.htm

It's all in the fingers. :-)

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

On Feb 4, 8:04*am, Limp Arbor wrote:

snip

http://tinyurl.com/62m3ays

Absolutely great!

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On Feb 4, 7:33*am, jamesgangnc wrote:
On Feb 4, 9:24*am, "Upscale" wrote:

"jamesgangnc" wrote in message

Most people use a portable right angle drill drive to get into tight
areas. *Having a T defeats that.

Don't know how much torque he needs, but I've found this little guy *very*
useful.http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...1,43411,43417&...

That looks handy but he's after something like a traditional car rear
axle only smaller. *I'm not sure his purpose is drilling at all.

Maybe he's trying to build powered roller skates.

There's a cordless out there that has swivel head on it that will run
at any angle between straight inline and 90 degrees. Don't remember
the brand, but seemed kind of bulky compared with the pneumatic.
Usually, if you need a right-angle drill, the space you'll have is
just a fraction less than the drill head.

Stan
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

stans4 prolynx.com wrote:

jamesgangnc wrote:

he's after something like a traditional car rear axle only
smaller.

Yes, some of Dufas reference looks very close.

https://sdp-si.com/eStore/PartDetail...&GroupID=4 43

https://sdp-si.com/eStore/..%5Css%5CPDF%5C79012010.pdf

I really like that, but (assuming it is strong enough) now I need
to figure out how to rigidly connect the keyway shaft to a skate
or a larger scooter wheel (same inner diameter). Some spacer has
to slip onto the keyway shaft and fit into the scooter wheel
(without bearings). If only I were craftsman...

Maybe he's trying to build powered roller skates.

FWIW.

Fascinating IMO, but probably not until motor and battery weight
decreases with high technology. Making in-line skates cumbersome
nukes their function. The gasoline engine stuff is garbage IMO.

Similar is a push stick for in-line skating. The closest thing is
probably a bicycle pusher as seen on YouTube (mostly gasoline). A
lithium-ion electric Trikke "Pon-e" is almost made-to-order (for
1600 bucks), simply by removing the front fork with the front hub
motor attached.

There's a cordless out there that has swivel head on it that
will run at any angle between straight inline and 90 degrees.

There is a drill attachment like that sold by McMaster, maybe the
same as Milescraft 1300 Orbiter sold elsewhere.