Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Default Instead of a right angle drive, how about a light duty T-drive?

On Feb 4, 2:45*am, John Doe wrote:
Desperately seeking sources for a T-drive. What I mean by that is
something like these.

Milwaukee 48-06-2871 (right angle drive) or 49-22-8510 (right
angle drill attachment)

General Tools 924

Metabo 631078000

Vermont American 17171 or 17172

Milescraft 1390

It has to be similar in strength/durability/ruggedness to those,
but instead of having only one right angle shaft, the driven
shafts would stick out in both directions, like a T. When doing
some research, I have seen a few that looked bulky and heavy,
stuff that would be bolted onto a powerful motor on a workbench.
Anything lighter?

Thanks for any keywords or links.

Most people use a portable right angle drill drive to get into tight
areas. Having a T defeats that. Perhaps if you told us what you were
really trying to do it might get you better suggestions. A shaft
ending with a 45 deg gear driving a second shaft that goes both ways
with a 45 deg gear on it is not unheard of. Some simple self
propelled equipment often has something like that.