Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT - Slow News Day

I've said for a long time that a dog not big enough to cripple a burglar
isn't really a dog, it's a substitute for a cat.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"DGDevin" wrote in message
m...
I've said for a long time that a dog not big enough to cripple a burglar
isn't really a dog, it's a substitute for a cat.

No, there is no substitute for a cat
With a dog, you own the dog and tell it what to do
With a cat, now that's a totally different story
the car totally owns you and no matter what you tell, ask, or beg the cat to
do, if it doesn't feel like it, it won't.
Assuming you sleep on your side, a cat will walk from your feet to your
head, very slowly and dig its claws in with every step, if you hadn't
awoken by then, it will place its furry body directly across your nose and
mouth, preventing you to get any more breath and further peaceful sleep-in.
Remembering, that they only do this, because they love you
And of coarse, that they are hungry

Posted to rec.woodworking

"DGDevin" wrote in message
m...
I've said for a long time that a dog not big enough to cripple a burglar
isn't really a dog, it's a substitute for a cat.

I suppose that is one way of looking at it.

Except some of those small dogs have really loud barks. My little Lhasa
Apso can wake the dead., in the middle of the night. Which can be a pain in
the ass at times, but has alerted us to prowlers in the early AM, more than
once.

The Tibetan monks had a unique approach. They had big mastiffs to patrol
outside of the main living quarters. And if anybody got past them, the
"temple dogs", the Lhasa Apso would then respond. The Lhasas were bred to
recognize familiar people and bark like crazy any time a stranger came
around, Which, in my mind, is a perfect, organic alarm system.

Now, I would have never gone out an bought such an animal. But my honey
loves them. So...., We have one. But they are very sturdy little dogs.
They are hardy, can stand any kind of weather and are strong enough to drag
you around on a leash. You just have to keep them clipped or you will have
to deal with hair issues every day.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Gil Gil is offline

Lee Michaels wrote:

"DGDevin" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Yup. They are great watch dogs and put their heart into whatever they
do. Ours was a 'rescued' dog that we were able to get 4 years ago. He
teams up very well with our large Lab X. The little guy detects the
problem and the big guy goes and checks it out. This past Christmas Eve
he was probably responsible for saving the life of an elderly woman.

We live on one of those lane-and-a-half country roads that might see
half a dozen cars a day go down it. About 6:30 on Christmas Eve he
suddenly started barking in a really determined manner while looking out
the front window. Turning on the yard light we saw a person standing at
the end of our driveway which is about a hundred feet from the house.
Going out to see who it was we found a confused elderly woman who had no
idea where she was. The temperature was dropping below freezing and it
was snowing. She was dressed in a hip length jacket, had lost her
gloves, and had ordinary shoes on her feet and no socks.

It turned out that she had left her house shortly after noon hour, on
foot, to go visit a friend. Finding her friend not home, she decided to
visit another friend who lived a little further out of town and some how
lost her way, but kept walking. We have no idea how she ended up on our
road. Eventually we figured out where she lived and got her home. She
had walked over 11 km from her home where she lived with her brother.
While walking down our road she had passed about a dozen other houses
but was afraid to approach them. By the time she reached our place it
was really dark and she was scared. So, she paused at the end of our
driveway, but was reluctant to come in. If it hadn't been for our little
guy we never would have know she was there.

We did manage to contact her social worker afterwards and found out that
both her and her elderly brother suffered from Alzheimer's but refused
to move into a health care facility.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 22, 10:12*pm, Gil wrote:
Lee Michaels wrote:

"DGDevin" wrote in message
om...
[...]

That turned out pretty well, didn't it?

We did manage to contact her social worker afterwards and found out that
both her and her elderly brother suffered from Alzheimer's but refused
to move into a health care facility.

Probably can't afford it?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
On Jan 22, 10:12 pm, Gil wrote:
Lee Michaels wrote:
driveway, but was reluctant to come in. If it hadn't been for our little
guy we never would have know she was there.

That turned out pretty well, didn't it?

We did manage to contact her social worker afterwards and found out that
both her and her elderly brother suffered from Alzheimer's but refused
to move into a health care facility.

Probably can't afford it?

**********************

There are two great investments which you can make millions from.
One is a Child Care Centre
Next is a Retirement Village

From first steps, to your last steps, the money is there, but not so much in
between

Posted to rec.woodworking
Gil Gil is offline

Robatoy wrote:
On Jan 22, 10:12 pm, Gil wrote:
Lee Michaels wrote:

"DGDevin" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Yeah, it did considering what the consequences could have been.

We did manage to contact her social worker afterwards and found out that
both her and her elderly brother suffered from Alzheimer's but refused
to move into a health care facility.

Probably can't afford it?

I suspect that's true considering the house, and its state, when we
finally got her home. They certainly had the Christmas spirit though,
since there were five Christmas trees in their tiny living room. It is
sad to see people in these conditions in this day and age and being
responsible for themselves. But, where does society draw the line?

However, from what we learned, the option to go into a home would have
been taken care of by the province, but they just didn't want to leave
their property. They also had no known family other than each other.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Gil" wrote in message
Robatoy wrote:
On Jan 22, 10:12 pm, Gil wrote:
Lee Michaels wrote:

"DGDevin" wrote in message
m...

However, from what we learned, the option to go into a home would have
been taken care of by the province, but they just didn't want to leave
their property. They also had no known family other than each other.

So true, and if possible, keep them out of any retirement home till the last
minute.
I am involved with a Community based project where we try to get retired men
out and about doing odd things, like woodwork, toy making, cabinet making,
that sort of stuff and what I have found is that when a man retires, he has
been out of his house for 10 hours a day 5 days or sometimes 6 days a week
for the past 50 years, then he retires, and is home all the time, getting
under the feet of his partner, who has had the house to herself for that
length of time, then this almost stranger arrives and sits in her sitting
room watching football or some sport on her TV when she is used to watching
Oprah Winfrey or Dr Phil, this is when arguments start, then because of the
man doing nothing all day, he stagnates and vegetates and goes downhill so
fast, that before long, he is in a wooden box being lowered into the ground.
So, my purpose and the purpose of our group, is to get these men out into a
workshop, doing something with their knowledge and time, maybe teaching
someone else things they didn't know, or maybe they knew something about it
but didn't have the finesse to make the job right.

But, by digressing, I have got away from the original point of keeping
retired men active.
Don't put your oldies into a retirement home till absolutely necessary.
My youngest sister put my parents into a home and they lasted only 5 years
after that.
She could see money in their little house.
But, uprooting elderly people from their home eventually kills them, more
sooner than later

Posted to rec.woodworking

George W Frost wrote the following:
"DGDevin" wrote in message
m...

I've said for a long time that a dog not big enough to cripple a burglar
isn't really a dog, it's a substitute for a cat.

No, there is no substitute for a cat
With a dog, you own the dog and tell it what to do
With a cat, now that's a totally different story

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to rec.woodworking

"willshak" wrote in message
m...
George W Frost wrote the following:
"DGDevin" wrote in message
m...

I've said for a long time that a dog not big enough to cripple a burglar
isn't really a dog, it's a substitute for a cat.

No, there is no substitute for a cat
With a dog, you own the dog and tell it what to do
With a cat, now that's a totally different story

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

True. I have six cats. They keep me busy.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"George W Frost" wrote in message
ond.com...

No, there is no substitute for a cat
With a dog, you own the dog and tell it what to do
With a cat, now that's a totally different story
the car totally owns you and no matter what you tell, ask, or beg the cat
to do, if it doesn't feel like it, it won't.

There was this feral cat living in our back yard, my wife--being a
woman--insisted on feeding it and even caught it and took it in to be fixed
after it had a litter on our patio. On a good day my wife could briefly
scratch the top of the critter's head when feeding it, that was about it. I
figured if we were going to feed the damn thing we had some affection
payback coming, so I set out to train the cat. It took quite awhile, but I
remember the day my wife came out on the back porch to see the cat curled up
in my lap, she didn't believe me when I'd told her I'd got the cat to do
that. Now the cat mostly lives in our house, rubbing our ankles, hopping up
in our laps, watching TV with us (she likes nature shows, I suspect she
fantasizes about being a lion) and sleeping in the spot I trained her to
sleep--a big reading chair in our office. I realize food is a big part of
this, not to mention a warm place to be in the winter, but the cat's clear
desire to share our company and be near us suggests a certain affection, I
suppose she thinks we are her substitute litter-mates or something along
those lines. So while cats might be more difficult to train than dogs, it's
amazing what you can do if you set your mind to it.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , willshak@
00hvc.rr.com says...

George W Frost wrote the following:
"DGDevin" wrote in message
m...

I've said for a long time that a dog not big enough to cripple a burglar
isn't really a dog, it's a substitute for a cat.

No, there is no substitute for a cat
With a dog, you own the dog and tell it what to do
With a cat, now that's a totally different story

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

the car totally owns you and no matter what you tell, ask, or beg the cat to
do, if it doesn't feel like it, it won't.
Assuming you sleep on your side, a cat will walk from your feet to your
head, very slowly and dig its claws in with every step, if you hadn't
awoken by then, it will place its furry body directly across your nose and
mouth, preventing you to get any more breath and further peaceful sleep-in.
Remembering, that they only do this, because they love you
And of coarse, that they are hungry

This feature is occasionally useful, as cats also seem to have a
remarkably efficient time sense. A few times the cat has gotten me up
in time for work when the alarm did not function.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/24/2011 10:48 AM, DGDevin wrote:

[...]

Good story ...

There was a very interesting PBS documentary recently on the
domestication of canines, and how wild species become increasing
different with each successive generation of domesticity in physiology,
physical characteristics (color, for one), and behaviour (eye contact,
pointing recognition, etc).

Apparently a feral cat is still, when all is said and done, an animal
with generations of domesticity in its genes and will act accordingly
given the opportunity.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 24, 1:48*pm, Swingman wrote:

There was a very interesting PBS documentary recently on the
domestication of canines, and how wild species become increasing
different with each successive generation of domesticity in physiology,
physical characteristics (color, for one), and behaviour (eye contact,
pointing recognition, etc).

I watched those 2 shows (if we are talking about the same and I think
we are) with absolute fascination. Just awesome.

Moxie picked up a wad of tissue in the church parking lot and I didn't
want her to have it, so I tried to get her to give it up.
No way she would, so I forced her jaws apart and took it, but as I let
go, she lunged for my hand with a very vicious bark to go with it.
She didn't draw blood (glove) but that stung quite a bit...and I was
reminded of what my navy buddy once told me... inside every dog, is a
wolf... ultimately.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote

Moxie picked up a wad of tissue in the church parking lot and I didn't
want her to have it, so I tried to get her to give it up.
No way she would, so I forced her jaws apart and took it, but as I let
go, she lunged for my hand with a very vicious bark to go with it.
She didn't draw blood (glove) but that stung quite a bit...and I was
reminded of what my navy buddy once told me... inside every dog, is a
wolf... ultimately.

==================

Ahhhh..., cute little killer dog stories.

Little Bernie, all 13 lbs of him, likes to "hunt" through any shopping bags
my wife brings home. He has found "prey" a few times in those bags. My
wife makes baby quilts and often buys a stuffed animal to go with the quilt.
But Bernie thinks all stuffed animals are prey. Sooooo....., you can guess
where this is going.

So both my wife and myself had to make a quick, last minute trip to the
store to replace the little stuffed animal for the baby shower. Cuz Bernie
"killed" it.

He definitely thinks he is a wolf. No stuffed animal is safe in his
presence.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/24/2011 12:58 PM, Robatoy wrote:
On Jan 24, 1:48 pm, wrote:

There was a very interesting PBS documentary recently on the
domestication of canines, and how wild species become increasing
different with each successive generation of domesticity in physiology,
physical characteristics (color, for one), and behaviour (eye contact,
pointing recognition, etc).

I watched those 2 shows (if we are talking about the same and I think
we are) with absolute fascination. Just awesome.

Sounds like the same documentary ... IIRC, this one that included the
Russian scientists who followed successive generations of domesticated
wolves for 50+ years?

Real science for a change, not the version based on computer modeling
from interpolated/adjusted data.

Moxie picked up a wad of tissue in the church parking lot and I didn't
want her to have it, so I tried to get her to give it up.
No way she would, so I forced her jaws apart and took it, but as I let
go, she lunged for my hand with a very vicious bark to go with it.
She didn't draw blood (glove) but that stung quite a bit...and I was
reminded of what my navy buddy once told me... inside every dog, is a
wolf... ultimately.

Take a close look at those chompers if you don't believe that.

I'd bet Moxie, being a MaltiPoo is like 6lb Pandi, a ShiPoo, who seems
to have a bigger mouth than would fit in her head ... the further back
it goes, the wider it gets, amazingly so.

.... and the bigger the teeth.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

"willshak" wrote in message
m...
George W Frost wrote the following:
"DGDevin" wrote in message
m...

I've said for a long time that a dog not big enough to cripple a burglar
isn't really a dog, it's a substitute for a cat.

No, there is no substitute for a cat
With a dog, you own the dog and tell it what to do
With a cat, now that's a totally different story

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Very true, but, I thought the word would have been slaves

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 24, 2:11 pm, "Lee Michaels" leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast
dot net wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote

[...]

That's some pretty funny stuff right there...LOL
Posted to rec.woodworking

"DGDevin" wrote in message
m...

[...]

One cat I had I trained to use the toilet bowl to crap and **** in, saved
on cat litter
The other one, I acquired when he was 12 years old, I tried to train it and
when I took him into the toilet and closed the door, a few minutes later he
was there beside me in the kitchen, thinking that I hadn't closed the door
properly, I let it go, then, the next time, I made sure that I closed the
door properly.
However, a few minutes later, there he was, beside me, rubbing against my
leg.
I began to wonder had Old Timers Disease caught up with me already and I had
not closed the door?
So, I took him into the toilet and closed the door, stood outside and
watched what would happen,
Then, to my surprise, the lever door handle started moving, then the bloody
door opened.
The cat had taught himself to open the door.
Then I did it again, with me inside the room with him and I watched what he
did.
as soon as he wanted to go out, he stood on the toilet, then stretched up to
the handle and moved it enough to open the door, then jumped down and out
the door.
Now, you may say, "so what, he learned that from a kitten"
But, this cat had lived all of his previous 12 years in a house which had
round door handles, he had never seen a lever type door handle before.
Cats are intelligent, this one was white Oriental, the other was a brown
Burmese and they both had no fear of dogs, Chihuahua's or German Shepherds,
one day, I watched the white one send a Bull Mastiff
yelping off into the distance when he jumped onto the dogs back and dug his
claws in as far as they would go, and all because the dog barked at him.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 24, 4:05*pm, "George W Frost" wrote:
"DGDevin" wrote in message

m...

"George W Frost" *wrote in message
pond.com...

[...]

people who de-claw their cat should be shot.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/24/11 3:09 PM, Robatoy wrote:

people who de-claw their cat should be shot.

Agreed.
It's the equivalent of cutting off your fingers at the first knuckle to
keep from having to trim your nails.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

"-MIKE-" wrote in message
On 1/24/11 3:09 PM, Robatoy wrote:

people who de-claw their cat should be shot.

Agreed.
It's the equivalent of cutting off your fingers at the first knuckle to
keep from having to trim your nails.

Or to stop you from picking your nose

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 24, 4:11*pm, -MIKE- wrote:
On 1/24/11 3:09 PM, Robatoy wrote:

people who de-claw their cat should be shot.

Agreed.
It's the equivalent of cutting off your fingers at the first knuckle to
keep from having to trim your nails.

I thoroughly dislike cats. They're beautiful, but assholes most of the
time. They also smell bad. Evil creatures, really.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/24/11 5:23 PM, Robatoy wrote:
On Jan 24, 4:11 pm, wrote:
On 1/24/11 3:09 PM, Robatoy wrote:

people who de-claw their cat should be shot.

Agreed.
It's the equivalent of cutting off your fingers at the first knuckle to
keep from having to trim your nails.

I thoroughly dislike cats. They're beautiful, but assholes most of the
time. They also smell bad. Evil creatures, really.

Tell us how you really feel. :-)
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
On Jan 24, 4:11 pm, -MIKE- wrote:
On 1/24/11 3:09 PM, Robatoy wrote:

people who de-claw their cat should be shot.

Agreed.
It's the equivalent of cutting off your fingers at the first knuckle to
keep from having to trim your nails.

I thoroughly dislike cats. They're beautiful, but assholes most of the
time. They also smell bad. Evil creatures, really.

***********************

Awwww, you really love them, you big pussy

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 24, 4:11 pm, *wrote:
On 1/24/11 3:09 PM, Robatoy wrote:

people who de-claw their cat should be shot.

Agreed.
It's the equivalent of cutting off your fingers at the first knuckle to
keep from having to trim your nails.

I thoroughly dislike cats. They're beautiful, but assholes most of the
time. They also smell bad. Evil creatures, really.

Tell us how you really feel. *:-)
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

--

* -MIKE-

* "Playing is not something I do at night, it's my function in life"
* * *--Elvin Jones *(1927-2004)
* --
*http://mikedrums.com
*
* ---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Friend of mine has 2 Siamese cats and a Yellow Lab.
When I walk in the door, the lab goes: "Dude!! Can I fetch you
something? Glad you came...now can I get something for you...you smell
nice.. a ball? A stick, come-on dude..."
The cats look at each other: "It's him.. let's leave..."
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 24, 4:11 pm, wrote:
On 1/24/11 3:09 PM, Robatoy wrote:

people who de-claw their cat should be shot.

Agreed.
It's the equivalent of cutting off your fingers at the first knuckle to
keep from having to trim your nails.

I thoroughly dislike cats. They're beautiful, but assholes most of the
time. They also smell bad. Evil creatures, really.

Tell us how you really feel. :-)
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Friend of mine has 2 Siamese cats and a Yellow Lab.
When I walk in the door, the lab goes: "Dude!! Can I fetch you
something? Glad you came...now can I get something for you...you smell
nice.. a ball? A stick, come-on dude..."
The cats look at each other: "It's him.. let's leave..."

Say "come here, boy" to a dog and he's all over you, ready, willing and
able.
Say it to cat and he's like, "Ummmm, yeah.... I'm gonna have to ask you
put that in writing and get back to me." Unless there's a can opener
involved.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/24/2011 5:23 PM, Robatoy wrote:
On Jan 24, 4:11 pm, wrote:
On 1/24/11 3:09 PM, Robatoy wrote:

people who de-claw their cat should be shot.

Agreed.
It's the equivalent of cutting off your fingers at the first knuckle to
keep from having to trim your nails.

I thoroughly dislike cats. They're beautiful, but assholes most of the
time. They also smell bad. Evil creatures, really.

I like that they basically take care of themselves and are self contained.

But ... they are devious, demanding and slick as owl ****.

Ours torments the hell out of the poor puppy, obviously and blatantly on
purpose, and has Linda doing its bidding like a slave.

That line in the song: "we are Siamese if you please, we are Siamese if
you don't please" about sums it up ... brilliantly!

Still, I like having one around.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/24/11 8:10 PM, Swingman wrote:

Still, I like having one around.

One is a good number, maybe even two.
Somehow we ended up with five, never again.

--
Froz...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 24, 4:11 pm, wrote:
On 1/24/11 3:09 PM, Robatoy wrote:

people who de-claw their cat should be shot.

Agreed.
It's the equivalent of cutting off your fingers at the first knuckle to
keep from having to trim your nails.

I thoroughly dislike cats. They're beautiful, but assholes most of the
time. They also smell bad. Evil creatures, really.

I like that they basically take care of themselves and are self contained.

But ... they are devious, demanding and slick as owl ****.

Ours torments the hell out of the poor puppy, obviously and blatantly on
purpose, and has Linda doing its bidding like a slave.

That line in the song: "we are Siamese if you please, we are Siamese if
you don't please" about sums it up ... brilliantly!

Still, I like having one around.

Mine, an orange tabby 14 1/2 years old, was diagnosed with diabetes
about a year and a half ago. First 3 weeks it was a bitch to corral him
to give him his insulin injections. Then he seemed to realize that they
were doing him some good. Now, in the morning after his breakfast he
reminds me that it's time for his shot, follows me to the kitchen, and
gets up on the table and lays down and waits while I prepare it and give
it to him. In the evening, if he doesn't come when he hears me
preparing it, all I have to do is call out "Where's Patch?", and in less
than a minute he's there, again ready for his injection. He's also
become pretty good about pills too - again, I think he understands that
they're doing him some good.

Matt

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/24/2011 7:48 PM, Matt wrote:

Mine, an orange tabby 14 1/2 years old, was diagnosed with diabetes
about a year and a half ago. First 3 weeks it was a bitch to corral him
to give him his insulin injections. Then he seemed to realize that they
were doing him some good. Now, in the morning after his breakfast he
reminds me that it's time for his shot, follows me to the kitchen, and
gets up on the table and lays down and waits while I prepare it and give
it to him. In the evening, if he doesn't come when he hears me preparing
it, all I have to do is call out "Where's Patch?", and in less than a
minute he's there, again ready for his injection. He's also become
pretty good about pills too - again, I think he understands that they're
doing him some good.

Ours, a five year old brown mackerel tabby, is paranoid about getting
her monthly Advantage flea dose. Since I'm the only one who schedules
it, buys it, and applies it, I'm the apparently the SOB and no longer
get the time of day.

There's entirely too many females of all species, spayed or not, in
this neck of the woods

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 24, 4:11 pm, wrote:
[...]

Wow, that's pretty amazing.

--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"FrozenNorth" wrote in message
On 1/24/11 8:10 PM, Swingman wrote:

Still, I like having one around.

One is a good number, maybe even two.
Somehow we ended up with five, never again.

I have 6. It's like having a bunch of kids. Never know what they are going
to get into and they have minor squabbles from time to time.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
lid says...

On Jan 24, 4:11 pm, wrote:
[...]

Cats is strange. Fellow I know married a woman who is allergic to cats.
He bathes the cats weekly to cut down the dander to a level that she can
live with. Initially he met with some resistance but now the cats
expect their bath and become petulant if it is not provided on time.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 24, 11:31*pm, Steve Turner
wrote:

Wow, that's pretty amazing.

Contessa Frau Von Moxenstein, Queen Biatch, lets us know when it is
time for her ear-drops. She puts her head down on the ground, puts her
feet over her ears and barks, then runs to where her bottle of 'stuff'
is and then barks at it again. She knows it does her good...well NOW
she does.. she wasn't too keen at first.

But for a cat to willingly subject itself to a shot? Wowsers, it must
taste like fish or something...LOL

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 25, 12:50*am, "CW" wrote:
"FrozenNorth" wrote in message

... On 1/24/11 8:10 PM, Swingman wrote:

Still, I like having one around.

One is a good number, maybe even two.
Somehow we ended up with five, never again.

I have 6. It's like having a bunch of kids. Never know what they are going
to get into and they have minor squabbles from time to time.

Dude... that's like living inside an evil aquarium of sorts....
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
But for a cat to willingly subject itself to a shot? Wowsers, it must
taste like fish or something...LOL

My Deetoo is more direct with her actions. Once I month I know it's time to
trim her nails again when I come home and find every bit of cardboard in the
apartment shredded into strips.

Posted to rec.woodworking

J. Clarke wrote:

Cats is strange. Fellow I know married a woman who is allergic to
cats. He bathes the cats weekly to cut down the dander to a level
that she can live with. Initially he met with some resistance but
now the cats expect their bath and become petulant if it is not
provided on time.

Why torture the poor kitties when the woman could get shots?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"HeyBub" wrote in message
Cats is strange. Fellow I know married a woman who is allergic to
cats. He bathes the cats weekly to cut down the dander to a level
that she can live with. Initially he met with some resistance but
now the cats expect their bath and become petulant if it is not
provided on time.

Wonder what kind of resistence he met the first few times they were bathed.
Me? I'd fill the tub and toss the cat into the water from several feet away.
No sense having an arm ripped off by an angry cat.
http://www.found****.com/angry-cat-swimming/

Tried to give my Deetoo a bath in the kitchen sink once. Had her suspended
above the water and bubbles when she let out a growl that caused me to lose
what little hair I had left. Needless to say, I don't try to bath the cat
any more. I like living.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 25, 1:00*pm, "Upscale" wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
Cats is strange. *Fellow I know married a woman who is allergic to
cats. He bathes the cats weekly to cut down the dander to a level
that she can live with. *Initially he met with some resistance but
now the cats expect their bath and become petulant if it is not
provided on time.

Wonder what kind of resistence he met the first few times they were bathed.
Me? I'd fill the tub and toss the cat into the water from several feet away.
No sense having an arm ripped off by an angry cat.http://www.found****.com/angry-cat-swimming/

Tried to give my Deetoo a bath in the kitchen sink once. Had her suspended
above the water and bubbles when she let out a growl that caused me to lose
what little hair I had left. Needless to say, I don't try to bath the cat
any more. I like living.

I take AreToo died?

OT - More Earth Shattering News (Was: Slow News Day) RonB[_2_] Woodworking 9 January 24th 11 08:32 PM
OT - Slow News Day Morgans Woodworking 1 January 23rd 11 02:50 AM
OT - Slow News Day Doug White Woodworking 0 January 20th 11 12:40 AM
OT - Slow News Day RonB[_2_] Woodworking 1 January 19th 11 11:12 PM
OT - Slow News Day Larry Jaques[_3_] Woodworking 1 January 19th 11 10:50 PM