Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT - More Earth Shattering News (Was: Slow News Day)

This hit the front pages of both MSNBC AND CNN web sites last
evening. CNN Gave
it a couple of hours of air time -- CNN?

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/01/22/olb...ex.html?hpt=T2

Hmmm. I guess the war is over. No more wounded or dead soldiers.
Iran and N Korea have closed their nuke plants, Cancer is cured,
Floods are done. No more small dogs attacked by owls.

Life is good.

RonB
Posted to rec.woodworking

"RonB" wrote in message

Hmmm. I guess the war is over. No more wounded or dead soldiers.
Iran and N Korea have closed their nuke plants, Cancer is cured,
Floods are done. No more small dogs attacked by owls.

He's had issues with MSNBC management for some time, his departure isn't a
huge surprise. I never had much use for him, too strident, too smug.

Posted to rec.woodworking

DGDevin wrote:
"RonB" wrote in message

Hmmm. I guess the war is over. No more wounded or dead soldiers.
Iran and N Korea have closed their nuke plants, Cancer is cured,
Floods are done. No more small dogs attacked by owls.

He's had issues with MSNBC management for some time, his departure
isn't a huge surprise. I never had much use for him, too strident,
too smug.

Similar things are said about Sarah Palin. I guess starting your career as a
sportscaster spells doom.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , "HeyBub" wrote:
DGDevin wrote:
"RonB" wrote in message

Hmmm. I guess the war is over. No more wounded or dead soldiers.
Iran and N Korea have closed their nuke plants, Cancer is cured,
Floods are done. No more small dogs attacked by owls.

He's had issues with MSNBC management for some time, his departure
isn't a huge surprise. I never had much use for him, too strident,
too smug.

Similar things are said about Sarah Palin. I guess starting your career as a
sportscaster spells doom.

It worked out pretty well for Ronald Reagan.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 10:33:17 -0800 (PST), RonB
wrote:

This hit the front pages of both MSNBC AND CNN web sites last
evening. CNN Gave
it a couple of hours of air time -- CNN?

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/01/22/olb...ex.html?hpt=T2

Hmmm. I guess the war is over. No more wounded or dead soldiers.
Iran and N Korea have closed their nuke plants, Cancer is cured,
Floods are done. No more small dogs attacked by owls.

Life is good.

g That loudmouth was making $30M for 4 years of that crap? We're in
the wrong business, guys.

--
Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air...
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

This hit the front pages of both MSNBC AND CNN web sites last
evening. *CNN Gave
it a couple of hours of air time -- CNN?

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/01/22/olb...ex.html?hpt=T2

Hmmm. *I guess the war is over. *No more wounded or dead soldiers.
Iran and N Korea have closed their nuke plants, Cancer is cured,
Floods are done. *No more small dogs attacked by owls.

Life is good.

g *That loudmouth was making $30M for 4 years of that crap? We're in
the wrong business, guys.

--
Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air...
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Rush Limburger makes twice that...per YEAR!
Glenn Beck makes 38 million per YEAR!
Another comic, with his hand up somebody's ass, Jefdf Dunham, makes 22
million per YEAR!
Another blowhard, Phil McGraw makes 80 million....

Here's the problem, C-Less... as long as some schmuck says the things
you agree with, he's worth the money. I happen to think that Olbermann
had quite a few valid points to make along the way but he turned into
a smug mofo that I could no longer stomach. So he's a Lefty... and Fox
is Righty... well, it all seems to be working the way it is supposed
to, keep people divided. It always has to be either one way or
another, never any middle ground.

Do atheists believe in karma?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 13:01:08 -0800, "DGDevin"
wrote:

"RonB" wrote in message

Hmmm. I guess the war is over. No more wounded or dead soldiers.
Iran and N Korea have closed their nuke plants, Cancer is cured,
Floods are done. No more small dogs attacked by owls.

He's had issues with MSNBC management for some time, his departure isn't a
huge surprise. I never had much use for him, too strident, too smug.

Paraphrased quote "when he left ESPN he did not burn bridges he
napalmed them".

Ah yes to always be right.

Good sports anchor, lousy newsreader.

Mark
Posted to rec.woodworking

"HeyBub" wrote in message

He's had issues with MSNBC management for some time, his departure
isn't a huge surprise. I never had much use for him, too strident,
too smug.

Similar things are said about Sarah Palin. I guess starting your career as
a sportscaster spells doom.

Actually very different things are said about Olbermann and Palin. They
share the characteristic of being partisan, but Olbermann doesn't seem to be
accused of being delusional with anything like the frequency of the
half-term former governor of Alaska.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

Unfortunately Ronald Reagan didn't work out to well for the rest of us
with exception of the top 5% income/assets category.

He may not have been perfect, but he's still the best President in 40
years, ever since I've been voting. He's one of the most loved, too.

I liked Reagan, and he did some things that needed doing. But he also made
some serious blunders some of which we're still paying for today.

Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air...
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Unless the Republicans in Congress manage to de-fund the EPA, in which case
you'll probably want to stay out of the sea and invest in a good respirator.

Posted to rec.woodworking

DGDevin wrote:

: Actually very different things are said about Olbermann and Palin. They
: share the characteristic of being partisan, but Olbermann doesn't seem to be
: accused of being delusional with anything like the frequency of the
: half-term former governor of Alaska.

He's also quite smart, and well-read, and she's... kind of a simpleton.

-- Andy Barss

OT - Slow News Day Morgans Woodworking 1 January 23rd 11 02:50 AM
OT - Slow News Day George W Frost Woodworking 8 January 22nd 11 04:23 PM
OT - Slow News Day RonB[_2_] Woodworking 1 January 19th 11 11:12 PM
IT News - Tech News - Search Engine News - Updates News Page O Rama Home Repair 1 April 23rd 06 04:13 PM