Rob Mills

Default Sears

Stopped by the local Sears last night to pick up a dado blade that they had
on sale. They had their new catalog out (on the counter, free for the
taking) and it shows a lot of new items. The biggest difference that I
noticed was that they seem to have completely redone their table saw line
and the more expensive includes a Biesemeyer fence. They also show products
from Delta, Jet, Dewalt, Porter Cable, Paslode, Milwaukee.
I haven't really gone through the catalog page by page but don't recall
seeing anything from Ryobi. RM~

KB8QLR

The Ryobi's may have the Craftsman moniker on them. I have a C-man router &
sabre saw that were actually manufactured by Ryobi.
My two cents.
Joe

--
A hobbyist / carpenter with an emphasis on small projects.

--
Be sure to check-out our webpages...
http://www.angelfire.com/jazz/kb8qlrjoe/index.html

"Rob Mills" wrote in message
Stopped by the local Sears last night to pick up a dado blade that they

had
on sale. They had their new catalog out (on the counter, free for the
taking) and it shows a lot of new items. The biggest difference that I
noticed was that they seem to have completely redone their table saw line
and the more expensive includes a Biesemeyer fence. They also show

products
from Delta, Jet, Dewalt, Porter Cable, Paslode, Milwaukee.
I haven't really gone through the catalog page by page but don't recall
seeing anything from Ryobi. RM~

Robert Wein

Would Sears carry the Ryobi line, or have them as a manufacturer, now that
Ryobi is owned by The Borg?

Or, for that matter, will The Borg be content to have "its" line sold at
Sears?

"Rob Mills" wrote in message
Stopped by the local Sears last night to pick up a dado blade that they

had
on sale. They had their new catalog out (on the counter, free for the
taking) and it shows a lot of new items. The biggest difference that I
noticed was that they seem to have completely redone their table saw line
and the more expensive includes a Biesemeyer fence. They also show

products
from Delta, Jet, Dewalt, Porter Cable, Paslode, Milwaukee.
I haven't really gone through the catalog page by page but don't recall
seeing anything from Ryobi. RM~

John

Would Sears carry the Ryobi line, or have them as a manufacturer, now that
Ryobi is owned by The Borg?

Are you saying that Home Depot actually owns Ryobi?!
Then if Ryobi buys Delta...

Rob Mills

"KB8QLR" wrote in message
link.net...

The Ryobi's may have the Craftsman moniker on them.

That's what I'm thinking. I purchased a Craftsman (made by Ryobi) table saw
about 2 months ago on close out. I also see that Sears is advertising a
Delta contractors saw which is now rumored to be owned by Ryobi. Could be
that the Delta sale to Ryobi pieces could be starting to fit together. RM~

Robert Bonomi

In article ,
Robert Wein wrote:
Would Sears carry the Ryobi line, or have them as a manufacturer, now that
Ryobi is owned by The Borg?

FACT CHECKER!! Fact checker to the white courtesy phone, please.

Ryobi (the company), _did_ bail out of the power tools business,
and _licensed_ the Ryobi Tools brand name, exclusively to Home Depot.

Home Depot does -not- 'own' any part of Ryobi. they have the 'right to use'
the Ryobi name, for power tools that they have made to their (Home Depot's,
that is) specifications.

Nothing about the Home Depot deal prevents Ryobi (the company), from
manufacturing tools for 'somebody else', nor from selling tools _themselves_,
under something _other_than_ the Ryobi name.

All confused now? good. grin

John

Ryobi (the company), _did_ bail out of the power tools business,
and _licensed_ the Ryobi Tools brand name, exclusively to Home Depot.

Gotcha. But why would anyone want to buy the Ryobi name? I have a few and
think they are a good value, but would be just as glad to buy HD tools.

GTO69RA4

FACT CHECKER!! Fact checker to the white courtesy phone, please.

Ryobi (the company), _did_ bail out of the power tools business,
and _licensed_ the Ryobi Tools brand name, exclusively to Home Depot.

Home Depot does -not- 'own' any part of Ryobi. they have the 'right to use'
the Ryobi name, for power tools that they have made to their (Home Depot's,
that is) specifications.

Nothing about the Home Depot deal prevents Ryobi (the company), from
manufacturing tools for 'somebody else', nor from selling tools _themselves_,
under something _other_than_ the Ryobi name.

All confused now? good. grin

What? Ryobi is a Techtronics comapny. Last I heard, they were just only selling
them at HD at the moment, not renting their name out.

After Emerson stopped making many of the Ridgid (a name Home Depot licenses
from the Ridge plumbing tool company) tools, One World (another Techtronics
company and basically Ryobi) picked up the slack.

Ryobi's been an OEM for Sears for 30 years now, and One World OEM's better
tools to some other companies.

GTO(John)
Charlie Self

Robert Wein asks:

Would Sears carry the Ryobi line, or have them as a manufacturer, now that
Ryobi is owned by The Borg?

Or, for that matter, will The Borg be content to have "its" line sold at
Sears?

What Borg owns Ryobi? Their parent company makes saws for Home Depot under the
Ridgid name. It is not owned by HD unless things have changed since I went to
Nashville Tuesday.

Charlie Self
"Bore, n.: A person who talks when you wish him to listen." Ambrose Bierce, The
Devil's Dictionary

KB8QLR

Well, whomever sells or manufactures Ryobi stuff is ok in my book. I have
the 2 c-man (ryobi made) items, and two others labeled Ryobi. I have no
complaints, no problems (knock wood - pun intended).
Later.
Joe

--
A hobbyist / carpenter with an emphasis on small projects.

--
Be sure to check-out our webpages...
http://www.angelfire.com/jazz/kb8qlrjoe/index.html
New pictures & links being added frequently.

"KB8QLR" wrote in message
link.net...
The Ryobi's may have the Craftsman moniker on them. I have a C-man router

&