Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Pics of My Shop Made Baseboard

This is what I came up with to go over the engineered hardwood we put in
the home office. I like minimal & classic... hopefully I achieved it.
Pics, later, of the install.

http://picasaweb.google.com/mikeadiddle/CustomBaseboard

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 15, 3:23*pm, -MIKE- wrote:
This is what I came up with to go over the engineered hardwood we put in
the home office. * I like minimal & classic... hopefully I achieved it.
* *Pics, later, of the install.

http://picasaweb.google.com/mikeadiddle/CustomBaseboard

--

* -MIKE-

* "Playing is not something I do at night, it's my function in life"
* * *--Elvin Jones *(1927-2004)
* --
*http://mikedrums.com
*
* ---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

I like the shape and style. But... I like baseboard a little taller
than 4.5"... but that's personal.
Don't you just love working with poplar? IMHO, it is almost the
perfect wood.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/15/11 2:36 PM, Robatoy wrote:
On Jan 15, 3:23 pm, wrote:
This is what I came up with to go over the engineered hardwood we put in
the home office. I like minimal& classic... hopefully I achieved it.
Pics, later, of the install.

http://picasaweb.google.com/mikeadiddle/CustomBaseboard

--

-MIKE-

I like the shape and style. But... I like baseboard a little taller
than 4.5"... but that's personal.

Ironically, that's why I went with what I did. :-)
The existing baseboard was that horrible clam-shell stuff that was
probably meant to be window casement. So this is a lot higher. But I'm
also a fan of scale, and since this room is only 11x12 and I can almost
touch the ceiling, I stopped where I thought the scale was appealing.

I am thinking about some chair rail, though. :-)

Don't you just love working with poplar? IMHO, it is almost the
perfect wood.

Yes, I do.... cheap, but hard and clean.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

?
"-MIKE-" wrote in message
This is what I came up with to go over the engineered hardwood we put in
the home office. I like minimal & classic... hopefully I achieved it.
Pics, later, of the install.

http://picasaweb.google.com/mikeadiddle/CustomBaseboard

I like it. Much nicer than the store bought stuff or plain old clamshell.
I'm looking forward to pics of it installed.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 15, 4:17*pm, -MIKE- wrote:

Yes, I do.... cheap, but hard and clean.

I knew a stripper like that.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/15/11 3:25 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
?
"-MIKE-" wrote in message
This is what I came up with to go over the engineered hardwood we put
in the home office. I like minimal & classic... hopefully I achieved
it. Pics, later, of the install.

http://picasaweb.google.com/mikeadiddle/CustomBaseboard

I like it. Much nicer than the store bought stuff or plain old
clamshell. I'm looking forward to pics of it installed.

Thank you. I will post them.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/15/11 3:26 PM, RicodJour wrote:
On Jan 15, 4:17 pm, wrote:

Yes, I do.... cheap, but hard and clean.

I knew a stripper like that.

I was already thinking of the jokes as I was typing that.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/15/11 6:37 PM, Lobby Dosser wrote:
"-MIKE-" wrote in message
This is what I came up with to go over the engineered hardwood we put
in the home office. I like minimal & classic... hopefully I achieved
it. Pics, later, of the install.

http://picasaweb.google.com/mikeadiddle/CustomBaseboard

CLEAN!

OK, then. :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

In ,
-MIKE- spewed forth:
This is what I came up with to go over the engineered hardwood we put
in the home office. I like minimal & classic... hopefully I
achieved it. Pics, later, of the install.

http://picasaweb.google.com/mikeadiddle/CustomBaseboard

looks good and yeah, poplar is real nice for paint grade trims.
Real easy to work with

Posted to rec.woodworking

Before going to chair rail - look at other machines about the
office.

The large rolling trash cans - where do they rub.

The pallet jacks or do you use smaller carts ?

We installed a band in a section of a large building -
and found out yet another hand truck hitting the wall.

We finally used 10" wide boards that were beautified on the tops.

Another about Elbow height was needed for other carts.

Offices can be complex. The cleaning crew and the mail cart throw
different mixes in when you have a shipping department in there...

Martin

On Jan 15, 3:23 pm, wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/15/11 9:02 PM, Martin Eastburn wrote:
Before going to chair rail - look at other machines about the
office.

The large rolling trash cans - where do they rub.

The pallet jacks or do you use smaller carts ?

We installed a band in a section of a large building -
and found out yet another hand truck hitting the wall.

We finally used 10" wide boards that were beautified on the tops.

Another about Elbow height was needed for other carts.

Offices can be complex. The cleaning crew and the mail cart throw
different mixes in when you have a shipping department in there...

Martin

LMAO!! Ok, Martin, I'll keep all of that in mind. :-)

This is a bedroom converted to a home office, because my wife has
started telecommuting. I'd love a cleaning crew, but I don't think I
could fit a pallet jack in the upstairs hallway.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

?
"tiredofspam" nospam.nospam.com wrote in message
Yea I like it.
It is clean, classy, not overdone.

Yes, and it leave plenty of room to decorate it with decals or stencils.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/15/11 10:43 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
?
"tiredofspam" nospam.nospam.com wrote in message
Yea I like it.
It is clean, classy, not overdone.

Yes, and it leave plenty of room to decorate it with decals or stencils.

eeeeeeeeeeewwwwah.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

"-MIKE-" wrote in message
This is what I came up with to go over the engineered hardwood we put
in the home office. I like minimal & classic... hopefully I achieved
it. Pics, later, of the install.

http://picasaweb.google.com/mikeadiddle/CustomBaseboard

CLEAN!

OK, then. :-)

'Twas a complement.

BARK!

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

--
"He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! "
Brian's Mum

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 15, 10:23*pm, -MIKE- wrote:

This is a bedroom converted to a home office, because my wife has
started telecommuting. I'd love a cleaning crew, but I don't think I
could fit a pallet jack in the upstairs hallway.

But you won't know until you try. Have a camera ready when you try
it. And wear running shoes and a helmet if the wife is home.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"-MIKE-" wrote in message
This is what I came up with to go over the engineered hardwood we put
in the home office. I like minimal & classic... hopefully I achieved
it. Pics, later, of the install.

http://picasaweb.google.com/mikeadiddle/CustomBaseboard

CLEAN!

OK, then. :-)

'Twas a complement.

BARK!

Oh, I know and it's appreciated.
I was commenting on your succinctness. :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote

Wide chair rail band is a great place to put wallpaper border, if you were
to find something you like.
--
Jim in NC

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Morgans" wrote in message

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote

Wide chair rail band is a great place to put wallpaper border, if you were
to find something you like.

I'm trying to get mine spouse to agree to picture rail. Not sure why, but I
really like picture rail.

Posted to rec.woodworking

-MIKE- wrote:
This is what I came up with to go over the engineered hardwood we put
in the home office. I like minimal & classic... hopefully I
achieved it. Pics, later, of the install.

http://picasaweb.google.com/mikeadiddle/CustomBaseboard

Excellet!

I got a planer for the express purpose of making my own baseboards. 7"
baseboards, with a modest design, are shockingly expensive - if they can be
found at all.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/17/11 4:12 AM, Lobby Dosser wrote:
"Morgans" wrote in message

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote

Wide chair rail band is a great place to put wallpaper border, if you
were to find something you like.

I'm trying to get mine spouse to agree to picture rail. Not sure why,
but I really like picture rail.

I love picture rail, but I think you need high ceilings for it to look
right.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/17/11 8:05 AM, HeyBub wrote:
-MIKE- wrote:
This is what I came up with to go over the engineered hardwood we put
in the home office. I like minimal& classic... hopefully I
achieved it. Pics, later, of the install.

http://picasaweb.google.com/mikeadiddle/CustomBaseboard

Excellet!

I got a planer for the express purpose of making my own baseboards. 7"
baseboards, with a modest design, are shockingly expensive - if they can be
found at all.

That is so true.
I got all my poplar (1 side straight, planed to 13/16") for practically
less per
board foot than they charge for a linear foot of cheap, paint grade,
pine, 3-1/2" colonial base.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Morgans" wrote in message

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote

Wide chair rail band is a great place to put wallpaper border, if you
were to find something you like.

I'm trying to get mine spouse to agree to picture rail. Not sure why,
but I really like picture rail.

I love picture rail, but I think you need high ceilings for it to look
right.

LR has cathedral ceiling. Not sure it would work, but I may try it out.