Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Default Amazon Heads Up

In general, Amazon offers some good deals.

But there is a "however" documented by recent
observations that deserves elaboration:

1. The price Amazon offered on one tool was more than 40% higher
than that obtainable at a local big box during the height of the Xmas
season.
Sure, you have to shop around but the discrepancy was whopping
if you preconceive Amazon as reliably competitive.

2. Amazon sent me an email offering deals on certain tools it modeled
would be of interest. One tool was already in my shopping cart.
Separately checking the cart showed the tool pegged at
a figure $10 lower than their email offer.

3. Deciding to read all of the reviews on an item, I opened a new
page just for that purpose. After moving through a succession of
new windows--and seventy some reviews or so--I noticed the
price on the last review page for the merchandise was now measurably
higher than that featured on the original item-description page still
open.
Reloading the original item-description page did not make that price
leap to the higher figure on the last review page.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Kudos to Amazon! Leuf Woodworking 3 March 13th 06 02:23 AM
What is Amazon thinking? Yet another Amazon post Mark & Juanita Woodworking 13 December 9th 05 03:52 AM
Anyone else despise Amazon? bf Woodworking 28 July 16th 05 05:20 PM
Amazon is smokin'... loutent Woodworking 2 December 15th 04 02:50 AM
Amazon Regrets? noOne Woodworking 7 November 25th 04 06:31 PM