Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Anyone using this neat dust router fitting

http://www.keen-products.com/routertables.htm

They have a soft flexible silicon fitting to keep the dust from going
back into your motor. Kind of beats my improvisation which gets a lot
but not all of the dust.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 05 Jan 2011 22:41:13 -0500, tiredofspam wrote:

They have a soft flexible silicon fitting to keep the dust from going
back into your motor. Kind of beats my improvisation which gets a lot
but not all of the dust.

Assuming this isn't a shill (the website you referenced is in Hong Kong)
wouldn't the air follow the path of least resistance? That would mean
very little suction under the table.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I don't know where the web site is hosted. The company is in RI.
The suction under the table would be fine.
First, I assume your fence is not fully open most of the time when using
a straight bit to groove or dado.

Second it will still direct some suction to the motor area even if it is
wide open.

And because of the design, it looks like the motor compartment never
gets any dust its way... A big goal for keeping your router working well.

My Bosch switch has had to be cleaned many times because of fine dust.
Which is why I heated a pvc tube to help get the dust.

This thing will prevent most all dust from reaching the motor.

router dust pick-up Max Woodworking 15 May 27th 08 12:11 AM
Where to find quick connect dust collection fitting. alex Woodworking 3 August 7th 07 11:23 PM
Router dust control help, please. Bill in Detroit Woodworking 10 May 5th 07 02:26 AM
[AD] Leigh RVA-1 Router Dust collector Ken Lamb Woodworking 2 November 17th 03 04:06 AM
Fitting router to 10" table saw? Peter Ashby UK diy 13 August 16th 03 07:45 AM