Posted to rec.woodworking

Default project on FWW site

I posted one of my projects on the fine woodworking site...
http://www.finewoodworking.com/item/...knitting-chest The photo of the
overall chest was taken at the Northeastern Woodworkers Association's
Woodworkers Showcase in Saratoga Springs last March.

Anyone else here put their stuff up on the FWW site? I'd be interested in
the links.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 27, 12:32*pm, "John Grossbohlin"
wrote:
I posted one of my projects on the fine woodworking site...http://www.finewoodworking.com/item/...ting-chest*The photo of the
overall chest was taken at the Northeastern Woodworkers Association's
Woodworkers Showcase in Saratoga Springs last March.

Beautiful design.
Beautiful execution !
Posted to rec.woodworking

I posted one of my projects on the fine woodworking site...
http://www.finewoodworking.com/item/...knitting-chest The photo of
the overall chest was taken at the Northeastern Woodworkers
Association's Woodworkers Showcase in Saratoga Springs last March.

Anyone else here put their stuff up on the FWW site? I'd be interested
in the links.

Been a member for a good while but wasn't even aware that you could do
that. Thanks for the heads-up!

And, what a gorgeous piece of work.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message
I posted one of my projects on the fine woodworking site...
http://www.finewoodworking.com/item/...knitting-chest The photo of
the overall chest was taken at the Northeastern Woodworkers
Association's Woodworkers Showcase in Saratoga Springs last March.

Anyone else here put their stuff up on the FWW site? I'd be interested
in the links.

Been a member for a good while but wasn't even aware that you could do
that. Thanks for the heads-up!

And, what a gorgeous piece of work.

Thank you! Just saw your comment on FWW site... thanks for that too! Did
you give me a "Thumbs Up" too? ;~)

John

Posted to rec.woodworking

Thank you! Just saw your comment on FWW site... thanks for that too! Did
you give me a "Thumbs Up" too? ;~)

Certainly more than deserving of one ...

Did now ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 27, 2:32*pm, "John Grossbohlin"
wrote:
I posted one of my projects on the fine woodworking site...http://www.finewoodworking.com/item/...ting-chest*The photo of the
overall chest was taken at the Northeastern Woodworkers Association's
Woodworkers Showcase in Saratoga Springs last March.

Anyone else here put their stuff up on the FWW site? *I'd be interested in
the links.

John, that's beautiful. Did you hand cut them 'tails or is that the
Leigh dovetail jig set up? Did you use BLO before you put on your film
finish? I love the hand cut outs. I use them on all my pull-outs for
kitchen cabs. They're just Baltic Birch pull-outs though.

RP
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
I posted one of my projects on the fine woodworking
site...http://www.finewoodworking.com/item/...knitting-chest The photo
of the
overall chest was taken at the Northeastern Woodworkers Association's
Woodworkers Showcase in Saratoga Springs last March.

Anyone else here put their stuff up on the FWW site? I'd be interested in
the links.

John, that's beautiful. Did you hand cut them 'tails or is that the
Leigh dovetail jig set up? Did you use BLO before you put on your film
finish? I love the hand cut outs. I use them on all my pull-outs for
kitchen cabs. They're just Baltic Birch pull-outs though.

Thanks!

The dovetails were all hand cut... L-N dovetail saw.

Finish is dewaxed shellac, with pumice as a grain filler on the white oak,
no BLO.

John

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 27 Dec 2010 15:39:59 -0500, "John Grossbohlin"
wrote:

"Swingman" wrote in message
m...
I posted one of my projects on the fine woodworking site...
http://www.finewoodworking.com/item/...knitting-chest The photo of
the overall chest was taken at the Northeastern Woodworkers
Association's Woodworkers Showcase in Saratoga Springs last March.

Anyone else here put their stuff up on the FWW site? I'd be interested
in the links.

Been a member for a good while but wasn't even aware that you could do
that. Thanks for the heads-up!

And, what a gorgeous piece of work.

Thank you! Just saw your comment on FWW site... thanks for that too! Did
you give me a "Thumbs Up" too? ;~)

I did, John, despite seeing that little layout line in the picture of
the through dovies. A few quick scrapes over that (before taking the
picture) would have left you with a perfect score.

I don't think I've seen white oak and walnut together before, but it
makes a really nice combo. Kudos.

--
Remember, in an emergency, dial 1911.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 27 Dec 2010 15:39:59 -0500, "John Grossbohlin"
wrote:

"Swingman" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Larry,

There seems to be a significant divide over the scribe lines... some like
them and some don't. Me, I like them as I'm used to seeing them on 18th
century pieces (such as those I saw while working at Colonial Williamsburg)
and those on original Shaker pieces (that I've seen at Shaker sites in NY
and MA). Planing or scraping the scribe lines away seems to be a modern
thing... or more cynically, a sign that the drawer didn't fit and needed
significant "tuning." ;~)

Thanks for the Kudos!

John

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
I posted one of my projects on the fine woodworking site...http://www.finewoodworking.com/item/...ting-chest*The photo of the
overall chest was taken at the Northeastern Woodworkers Association's
Woodworkers Showcase in Saratoga Springs last March.

Anyone else here put their stuff up on the FWW site? *I'd be interested in
the links.

Nice job! Those hand cut dovetails are sweet. I gave you a thumbs
up!

I have most of my stuff on their site: http://www.finewoodworking.com/profile/GarageWoodworks
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
I posted one of my projects on the fine woodworking
site...http://www.finewoodworking.com/item/...knitting-chest The photo
of the
overall chest was taken at the Northeastern Woodworkers Association's
Woodworkers Showcase in Saratoga Springs last March.

Anyone else here put their stuff up on the FWW site? I'd be interested in
the links.

Nice job! Those hand cut dovetails are sweet. I gave you a thumbs
up!

I have most of my stuff on their site:
http://www.finewoodworking.com/profile/GarageWoodworks

I recall seeing the Walnut Bedside Tables previously... but I'm sure it was
on your web site and not the FWW site??

It might be interesting if folks here on the rec would mention it when they
put things on FWW so we can all go take a look. The woodworking binaries on
usenet have tapered off a lot with the loss of feeds for folks...

Thanks!

John

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

"Swingman" wrote in message
news:wJOdnQSYTNiPa4XQnZ2dnUVZ_oCdnZ2d@giganews. com...
[...]

So, are you going to do some distressing on it, too? Hammers,
chisels, screwdrivers, chains, gravel, paint, dirt. Realistic aging!
gd&r

Thanks for the Kudos!

Jewelcome.

--
Make the best use of what is in your power,
and take the rest as it happens.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

I don't need to distress anything intentionally as stuff seems to get dinged
up nearly instantly all by itself with nobody in the room. If I put it in a
show it will positively getted dinged!

John

site [email protected] Home Repair 0 March 26th 08 08:30 PM
see the most hot new site of 2007see the most hot new site of 2007 mote UK diy 1 March 21st 07 02:40 PM
Web Site: Ongoing project Darrell Feltmate Woodturning 1 September 22nd 06 04:04 PM
web site: ongoing project Darrell Feltmate Woodworking 0 September 22nd 06 12:15 PM