Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Leslie Nielsen, RIP

Must we all buy Veritas now?
Posted to rec.woodworking

Father Haskell wrote:
Must we all buy Veritas now?

Shirley you jest

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 22:28:26 -0800 (PST), Father Haskell
wrote:

Must we all buy Veritas now?

groan

Just for that, you must buy Buck blades from now on.

--
Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling.
-- Margaret Lee Runbeck
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/30/2010 1:28 AM, Father Haskell wrote:
Must we all buy Veritas now?

What make you ask that?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 10:47:49 -0500, Bill
wrote:

On 11/30/2010 1:28 AM, Father Haskell wrote:
Must we all buy Veritas now?

What make you ask that?

Lie Nielsen is another plane maker. Play on words.

http://www.lie-nielsen.com/ Berry nice; Festeringly expensive.

--
Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling.
-- Margaret Lee Runbeck
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/30/2010 12:15 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

http://www.lie-nielsen.com/ Berry nice; Festeringly expensive.

Yes, Last time only 10 or 20 pages into the catalog I nearly broke out
in a sweat adding up the numbers. Nice enough stuff though, huh?

Bill
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/30/10 2:17 PM, Bill wrote:
On 11/30/2010 12:15 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

http://www.lie-nielsen.com/ Berry nice; Festeringly expensive.

Yes, Last time only 10 or 20 pages into the catalog I nearly broke out
in a sweat adding up the numbers. Nice enough stuff though, huh?

You will love http://www.leevalley.com then.

I hope I am creating a monster. :-)

--
Froz...

Posted to rec.woodworking

It's a joke. One of those that if it has to be explained you won't get.

Lee-Nielsen and Veritas are the major manufacturers of good quality
planes available in the US (there are some others but you have to seek
them out, they aren't widely marketed). Leslie Nielsen, the actor, as
far as I know had no relation to Lee-Nielsen the manufacturer, but it's
still an obvious play on the name to suggest that the demise of Mr.
Nielsen means that Lee-Nielsen planes are no longer available.

No, no, no..... the joke is "RIP".

As opposed to cross-cut.

-Zz

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On 11/30/2010 1:28 AM, Father Haskell wrote:
Must we all buy Veritas now?

What make you ask that?

Lie Nielsen is another plane maker.

Whereas Leslie Nielsen starred in Airplane.

A classic case of synchronicity if ever I've heard one,
causality burps once again.

Play on words.

http://www.lie-nielsen.com/*Berry nice; Festeringly expensive.

--
Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * -- Margaret Lee Runbeck

Posted to rec.woodworking

Zz Yzx wrote:

It's a joke. One of those that if it has to be explained you won't get.

Lee-Nielsen and Veritas are the major manufacturers of good quality
planes available in the US (there are some others but you have to seek
them out, they aren't widely marketed). Leslie Nielsen, the actor, as
far as I know had no relation to Lee-Nielsen the manufacturer, but it's
still an obvious play on the name to suggest that the demise of Mr.
Nielsen means that Lee-Nielsen planes are no longer available.

No, no, no..... the joke is "RIP".

As opposed to cross-cut.

-Zz

These are right down there with the nuns w/soap "joke".

Bill
Posted to rec.woodworking

No, no, no..... the joke is "RIP".

As opposed to cross-cut.

-Zz

These are right down there with the nuns w/soap "joke".

Bill

The nuns/soap joke was a "non-sequitur". My response was a "groaner".

BIG dif.

-Zz
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 19:08:50 -0800, Zz Yzx
wrote:

No, no, no..... the joke is "RIP".

As opposed to cross-cut.

-Zz

These are right down there with the nuns w/soap "joke".

Bill

The nuns/soap joke was a "non-sequitur". My response was a "groaner".

BIG dif.

Nah. I'm with Bill on that one. BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT, ZZyzx.

--
Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling.
-- Margaret Lee Runbeck
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 30, 1:28*am, Father Haskell wrote:
Must we all buy Veritas now?

As a tribute, I just finished re-engraving all of my Lie Nielsen tools
to read Leslie Nielsen. And surely, I'm not jesting.

Marc

Posted to rec.woodworking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A5t5_O8hdA