Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking

Default What is it? Weekend set 9

These items were all sent to me in the last couple of weeks by people
looking to find out what they are. The first one hasn't been on the web
site before, the next three were posted on the site sometime over the years
so you can test your memory on them.

35.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...um11/pic35.jpg

36.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...um11/pic36.jpg

37.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...um11/pic37.jpg

38.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...um11/pic38.jpg

Rob

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking

37 is an egg cutter, to cut the top off a soft-boiled egg.

Northe
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking

Rob H. wrote:

These items were all sent to me in the last couple of weeks by people
looking to find out what they are. The first one hasn't been on the web
site before, the next three were posted on the site sometime over the
years so you can test your memory on them.

35.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...um11/pic35.jpg

Lawn decoration?

36.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...um11/pic36.jpg

Horseshoe size gauge

37.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...um11/pic37.jpg

Circumciser

38.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...um11/pic38.jpg

Zip gun.

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking

"Rob H." wrote in message
These items were all sent to me in the last couple of weeks by people
looking to find out what they are. The first one hasn't been on the web
site before, the next three were posted on the site sometime over the years
so you can test your memory on them.

35.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...um11/pic35.jpg

36.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...um11/pic36.jpg

37.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...um11/pic37.jpg

38.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...um11/pic38.jpg

Rob

36. Device for measuring the angle between the bottom and sidewall
of a horses hoof.
Art

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking

"Artemus" wrote in message

"Rob H." wrote in message
These items were all sent to me in the last couple of weeks by people
looking to find out what they are. The first one hasn't been on the web
site before, the next three were posted on the site sometime over the years
so you can test your memory on them.

35.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...um11/pic35.jpg

36.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...um11/pic36.jpg

37.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...um11/pic37.jpg

38.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...um11/pic38.jpg

Rob

36. Device for measuring the angle between the bottom and sidewall
of a horses hoof.
Art

Make that frontwall.
Art

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 10:58:10 -0500, "Rob H."
wrote:

These items were all sent to me in the last couple of weeks by people
looking to find out what they are. The first one hasn't been on the web
site before, the next three were posted on the site sometime over the years
so you can test your memory on them.

35.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...um11/pic35.jpg

Tools for hilding matches ot soaked pads to light burners or pilot
lights.

36.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...um11/pic36.jpg

Tilt metes for drunk horses.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

These items were all sent to me in the last couple of weeks by people
looking to find out what they are. The first one hasn't been on the web
site before, the next three were posted on the site sometime over the years
so you can test your memory on them.

35.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...um11/pic35.jpg

Looks like it could be designed to be wrapped all the way around, and
self-attached, to hold something in a bundle

Bill
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking

Answers below link.
Mike in Ohio
On 11/13/2010 10:58 AM, Rob H. wrote:
These items were all sent to me in the last couple of weeks by people
looking to find out what they are. The first one hasn't been on the web
site before, the next three were posted on the site sometime over the
years so you can test your memory on them.

35.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...um11/pic35.jpg
Fire stockers

36.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...um11/pic36.jpg
Horse Shoe Jig / Pattern.

37.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...um11/pic37.jpg
Cork Screw

38.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...um11/pic38.jpg
no idea.

Rob

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking

"WW" wrote in message
35 Turn off/on tool for a buried water meter??? WW

Nope, that's not it.

"Rob H." wrote in message
These items were all sent to me in the last couple of weeks by people
looking to find out what they are. The first one hasn't been on the web
site before, the next three were posted on the site sometime over the
years so you can test your memory on them.

35.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...um11/pic35.jpg

36.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...um11/pic36.jpg

37.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...um11/pic37.jpg

38.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...um11/pic38.jpg

Rob

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking

"Northe" wrote in message
37 is an egg cutter, to cut the top off a soft-boiled egg.

Northe

Correct

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking

"Artemus" wrote in message

"Artemus" wrote in message

"Rob H." wrote in message
[...]

Yes, it's a horseshoe leveler.

Rob

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking

"Gerry" wrote in message
On Nov 13, 4:16 pm, "Rob H." wrote:
"Artemus" wrote in message

"Artemus" wrote in message

"Rob H." wrote in message
[...]

**************

You eat cigars for breakfast ??

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking

George W Frost wrote:

37.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...um11/pic37.jpg

37-a cigar cutter?

You eat cigars for breakfast ??

Didn't you see the "Ike's bris" ep of South Park? ;-D

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking

Zip gun.

This one is kind of hard to see very well, it's a long container with a
lid and attached to it is a small container with a lid.

Rob

Powder and bullet holder

Robert

No, I think it is a brush case with an inkpot attached.
For the kind of brush you use writing Japanese or Chinese characters.

Paul K. Dickman

Correct, if you do a search on the word yatate you will see more of them.

Rob

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking

"Rob H." wrote in message
These items were all sent to me in the last couple of weeks by people
looking to find out what they are. The first one hasn't been on the web
site before, the next three were posted on the site sometime over the
years so you can test your memory on them.

35.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...um11/pic35.jpg

The answer for 35 is that it's a piece of primitive African money called a
kissi penny.

Rob