Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default B&Q 15%-off weekend

I'm guessing a number of people will have received an email from B&Q,
offering 15% off this weekend, by printable coupon.

Hmmm, just in time to replace the kitchen floor...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 17:54:52 +0000, Mike Dodd
wrote:

I'm guessing a number of people will have received an email from B&Q,
offering 15% off this weekend, by printable coupon.

Hmmm, just in time to replace the kitchen floor...

No I havent ... and I am planning to spend some money there. Would
anyone like to forward an email please?

Anna
--
Anna Kettle
Lime plaster repair and conservation
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 18:06:57 +0000, Anna Kettle wrote:

Anna, for some reason I can never see your posts in Pan (they show up,
but with no body content at all)! Knode reads them ok, but it looks as if
your sig sep is "--" instead of "-- " and some of the numbers in your sig
show as non-existent graphic blocks. It's only you - no-one else. It's a
bit of a pain having to switch between news readers... :-( Could you
possibly have a look at your setup, with a view to letting us poor,
impoverished linux users read your gems of wisdom?
:-)

--
Mick (Working in a M$-free zone!)
Web: http://www.nascom.info
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

mick wrote:
On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 18:06:57 +0000, Anna Kettle wrote:

Anna, for some reason I can never see your posts in Pan (they show up,
but with no body content at all)! Knode reads them ok, but it looks as if
your sig sep is "--" instead of "-- " and some of the numbers in your sig
show as non-existent graphic blocks. It's only you - no-one else. It's a
bit of a pain having to switch between news readers... :-( Could you
possibly have a look at your setup, with a view to letting us poor,
impoverished linux users read your gems of wisdom?
:-)

mick (and Anna),

It isn't just for you! Am using Thunderbird on XP - sig. is broken and
several question marks:

Tel: ���(+44) �01359 230642
Mob: � (+44) �07976 649862

(Posted in order to add to evidence. The posts are still readable for me
so it is no big deal.)

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 20:26:33 UTC, mick wrote:

On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 18:06:57 +0000, Anna Kettle wrote:

Anna, for some reason I can never see your posts in Pan (they show up,
but with no body content at all)! Knode reads them ok, but it looks as if
your sig sep is "--" instead of "-- " and some of the numbers in your sig
show as non-existent graphic blocks. It's only you - no-one else. It's a
bit of a pain having to switch between news readers... :-( Could you
possibly have a look at your setup, with a view to letting us poor,
impoverished linux users read your gems of wisdom?
:-)

Same here, using a newsreader I doubt anyone else here is using! I get
'a acute' characters - three after 'Tel:', one after 'Mob:', and one
before the 01359 and the 07976. Also one (separated by a space) after
the web address on the last sig line. And there is a sig separator of
'--' rather than '-- '.

http://www.diybanter.com
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod wrote:
mick wrote:
[...]

I use Thunderbird and XP, and see Anna's posts with no problem.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 18:07:54 GMT, (Anna Kettle) wrote:

On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 18:06:57 GMT,
(Anna Kettle) wrote:

Oh I see i no longer have my email address on my sig

Anna*

This may help:

http://fsr.emv2.com/bandq/web/images...lick_wk43.html

Brian

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

S Viemeister wrote:
Rod wrote:
mick wrote:
[...]

I have character encoding set to UTF-8 as default. Wondert if that is
why? But if Anna's posts are not UTF-8, shouldn't something, somewhere
be telling my Thunderbird what they are? (Not saying mine is configured
optimally. Just that is how it is.)

A quick look at some headers here shows that most posts that declare an
encoding are 7bit us-asci or iso 8859-1.

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , mick
writes
On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 18:06:57 +0000, Anna Kettle wrote:

Anna, for some reason I can never see your posts in Pan (they show up,
but with no body content at all)! Knode reads them ok, but it looks as if
your sig sep is "--" instead of "-- " and some of the numbers in your sig
show as non-existent graphic blocks. It's only you - no-one else. It's a
bit of a pain having to switch between news readers... :-( Could you
possibly have a look at your setup, with a view to letting us poor,
impoverished linux users read your gems of wisdom?
:-)

Quite a few of Anna's spaces in her sig are broken, being 0xA0 instead
of 0x20. A quick google for this sort problem suggests that the source
of
the 0xA0's is Windows users typing shift-space instead of space. Even if
you get her to fix the broken characters (and fix the broken sig
separator), this is probably quite a common occurrence so you may have
to get used to coping with this particular Windows 'feature'.
--
fred
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Rod wrote:
S Viemeister wrote:
Rod wrote:
mick wrote:
[...]

Ah - I have used the View menu and chose iso-8859-1 - and the question
marks resolved (as spaces?). Looks like Anna's posts are not declaring
their encoding.

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mike Dodd" wrote in message
I'm guessing a number of people will have received an email from B&Q,
offering 15% off this weekend, by printable coupon.

Hmmm, just in time to replace the kitchen floor...

Got one of those..also got a 15% off my next purchase on ebay.

Saunters off.....

Arthur

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 21:49:32 +0000, fred wrote:

In article , mick
writes
[...]

Doesnt sound good If I am going to have a sig at all it had better be
readable. Please will someone tell me what to do to fix it

Anna

--
Anna Kettle
Lime plaster repair and conservation
Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc
Tel: ***(+44) *01359 230642
Mob: * (+44) *07976 649862
Please look at my website for examples of my work at:
www.kettlenet.co.uk *

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Anna Kettle wrote:
[...]

Put a single space after the "--" so that line reads "-- ".

The other issue seems to be due to what Forte Free Agent is doing -
anyone with experience of that and how to make sure it tells what
encoding it is using?

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Anna Kettle wrote:

Doesnt sound good If I am going to have a sig at all it had better be
readable. Please will someone tell me what to do to fix it

Replace it with this. (unless someone pops up and tells me that's
broken - I couldn't see the original problem despite being XP and TBird...)

Andy

--
Anna Kettle
Lime plaster repair and conservation
Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc
Tel: (+44) 01359 230642
Mob: (+44) 07976 649862
Please look at my website for examples of my work at:
www.kettlenet.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 23:23:38 +0000, Andy Champ
wrote:

Anna Kettle wrote:

Doesnt sound good If I am going to have a sig at all it had better be
readable. Please will someone tell me what to do to fix it

Replace it with this. (unless someone pops up and tells me that's
broken - I couldn't see the original problem despite being XP and TBird...)

Andy

--
Anna Kettle
Lime plaster repair and conservation
Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc
Tel: (+44) 01359 230642
Mob: (+44) 07976 649862
Please look at my website for examples of my work at:
www.kettlenet.co.uk

Have done that. How does it look now?

Anna
--
Anna Kettle
Lime plaster repair and conservation
Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc
Tel: (+44) 01359 230642
Mob: (+44) 07976 649862
Please look at my website for examples of my work at:
www.kettlenet.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod wrote:
mick wrote:
[...]

I am using Thunderbird on XP and phone number is fine - very strange....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Arthur2 wrote:

also got a 15% off my next purchase on ebay.

How does that work?, when you're dealing with anybody selling on ebay?
Or is it 15% off sellers fees?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

wrote:

Anna Kettle wrote:
Doesnt sound good If I am going to have a sig at all it had better be
readable. Please will someone tell me what to do to fix it

Replace it with this. (unless someone pops up and tells me that's
broken - I couldn't see the original problem despite being XP and TBird...)

Andy

--
Anna Kettle
Lime plaster repair and conservation
Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc
Tel: (+44) 01359 230642
Mob: (+44) 07976 649862
Please look at my website for examples of my work at:
www.kettlenet.co.uk

Have done that. How does it look now?

Anna

Fine. Thanks for that.

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mike Dodd" wrote in message
Arthur2 wrote:

also got a 15% off my next purchase on ebay.

How does that work?, when you're dealing with anybody selling on ebay? Or
is it 15% off sellers fees?

The only serious condition I've found on this deal is the discount limit is
£100.
So the discount is only on the £1500 of the purchase price.

Arthur

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 07:48:12 UTC, Mike Dodd
wrote:

Arthur2 wrote:

also got a 15% off my next purchase on ebay.

How does that work?, when you're dealing with anybody selling on ebay?
Or is it 15% off sellers fees?

You pay by PayPal.
http://www.diybanter.com
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Drury" wrote in message
On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 18:07:54 GMT, (Anna Kettle) wrote:

This may help:

http://fsr.emv2.com/bandq/web/images...lick_wk43.html

Brian

Thanks Brian, I have just printed out a couple.
Do you think B&Q have actually read their own small print on the voucher?
It clearly says photocopies will not be accepted.
So how will they distinguish beween my offerings printed on a multifunction
printer,
and someone else who has had the cunning plan of printing one copy then
photocopying
to produce another.
Perhaps I should email B&Q to ask.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Rod wrote:
mick wrote:
[...]

Hyp

Your sig sep is broken too. Something very strange also as I've left the
tag as it is when quoting the entire post.

--
*If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
snipped to avoid problems!

Your sig sep is broken too. Something very strange also as I've left the
tag as it is when quoting the entire post.

I have no idea what could be wrong. Nothing changed here (so far as I
know) in ages. And I can't see a problem! (Other than what you quoted,
of course.)

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. (You can email if you want
to keep it off-group.)

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Rod wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
snipped to avoid problems!

Your sig sep is broken too. Something very strange also as I've left the
tag as it is when quoting the entire post.

I have no idea what could be wrong. Nothing changed here (so far as I
know) in ages. And I can't see a problem! (Other than what you quoted,
of course.)

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. (You can email if you want
to keep it off-group.)

Your last two posts including this one are fine. Weird or what? Although
the line wrap on your tag seems wrong on all of them. This is what it
looks like he-

*************************

--
Rod

onset.
www.thyromind.info www.thyroiduk.org www.altsupportthyroid.

Unless your reader sorts out line wrap itself. This one is *meant* to be
compliant. ;-)

--
*Why is it that rain drops but snow falls?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Rod wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
snipped to avoid problems!
Your sig sep is broken too. Something very strange also as I've left the
tag as it is when quoting the entire post.

I have no idea what could be wrong. Nothing changed here (so far as I
know) in ages. And I can't see a problem! (Other than what you quoted,
of course.)

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. (You can email if you want
to keep it off-group.)

Your last two posts including this one are fine. Weird or what? Although
the line wrap on your tag seems wrong on all of them. This is what it
looks like he-

*************************

Hmm - maybe one of those was the reply to Anna where I used the View
menu to change encoding?

The tag formatting might be down to the flowed format?

text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed

But for simplicity and compatility (read - ignorance) I tend to use the
default settings for most things. So that is just how it is.

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Anna Kettle wrote:

Doesnt sound good If I am going to have a sig at all it had better be
readable. Please will someone tell me what to do to fix it

Replace it with this. (unless someone pops up and tells me that's
broken - I couldn't see the original problem despite being XP and
TBird...)

Andy

--
Anna Kettle
Lime plaster repair and conservation
Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc Tel: (+44)
01359 230642
Mob: (+44) 07976 649862
Please look at my website for examples of my work at:
www.kettlenet.co.uk

Have done that. How does it look now?

Bang on! Nice to be able to see your posts. Thanks. :-)
(P.S. You can save some typing now - you don't need to keep typing "Anna"
'cos your sig does that for you!)

--
Mick (Working in a M$-free zone!)
Web: http://www.nascom.info
Filtering everything posted from googlegroups to kill spam.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 10:14:58 -0000, Toby Sleigh wrote:

It clearly says photocopies will not be accepted. So how will they
distinguish beween my offerings printed on a multifunction
printer, and someone else who has had the cunning plan of printing one
copy then photocopying to produce another.

Well the voucher is colour (has B&Q orange on the ladies apron and the
text "We won't be beaten on price". But rejecting a black and white print
out is discrimatory against those with only a black & white printer and
anyway colour photo copiers are very common these days. As you say most
multifuction printers...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Auctions This Weekend Jim Chandler Metalworking 0 November 13th 07 10:10 PM
Steamboating this weekend steamer Metalworking 2 September 27th 07 07:27 PM
Is Everyone Gone For The Weekend? Fred Woodturning 5 September 6th 05 03:33 AM
"Weekend" workbench Gus Woodworking 0 May 4th 05 06:58 PM
Well, that was a fun weekend! Let's see what next weekend brings!( longish ) Mark and Kim Smith Home Repair 2 October 25th 04 08:16 PM