Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking

Default Complexity of dyes in kitchen cabinets

In article ,
wrote:
On Nov 2, 9:17*am, "Leon" wrote:

But in my case, I'm the one wanting to add the ceiling fan, we were still
waiting to see of our proposed price for the house would be accepted by the
builder. *Admittedly there are costs of adding to the plans and cost of
labor and materials but nothing in the way of actual building the house had
taken place yet.

But Leon, that's all the difference in the world. If a shovel hasn't
been turned, to me, you are still in the negotiating aspect. No other
schedules have been disrupted or modified, no materials need to be
verified as to compatibility, or any of that other stuff.

You are doing what you need to do now, not while in process.
Completely different from my example. I wouldn't charge an admin fee
upfront while we were still wrangling over prices since I could see
for myself what it would cost to make a change, and charge just that
much. After all, you want to get the job, right?

It may have been, (Lordy... it's my sales background....) that the
"waiving of the fee" was a good sales tactic concocted by the sales
rep.

Or, it may have just been common sense on their part.

I was reflecting on the folks that want to change horses after the
race has started.

I suspect a 'cookie-cutter' developer, with the admin fee designed to
cover the costs of riding herd on the 'deviation' from the "standard
plan". In that scenario, there is a 'production' issue of "pay attention,
this is *DIFFERENT* on _this_ job". if there were a a whole group of
modifications bundled to gether, a single instance of the admin fee makes
sense. If there was _only_ the -one- change that was something other than
a selection between 'standard' options, it make sense to waive the fee.