Ian Dodd

Default How to parallel TS fence to blade?

Yesterday I had the blade on my Jet 10" TS up about 2" to make a wide
rabbet (2" X 1/4"). I held the board (4" wide) tight up against the
face of the factory fence. After running the board through I looked
at it and to my eye the two faces didn't look parallel. I checked the
blade for square to the table, no problem there. Then I checked the
fence for square to the table and discovered that is was a few degrees
off, the top of it leans away from the blade. It seems to clamp
square across the table, parallel to the path of the blade. And I
normally don't make such deep cuts so on a 3/4" or 1" thick board I
hadn't noticed it before.

If you own a Jet contractor's saw, can you tell me how to adjust the
fence so it is square to the table surface and parellel to the blade?

TIA, Ian