Jeff Fleisher

Default a blue box....how to veneer??

A friend would like me to make him a humidor. I've made these before so the
box construction is not an issue. HOWEVER, he wants the exterior to be
blue! I tried playing around with blue dyes but am not happy with the
results. I purchased some blue veneer from Constantine's and glued some on
a scrap piece of wood and it looks pretty good. Now...how do I build a box
with it? Anyone have any good references (books, magazine articles, etc)
that would be a good starting point to learn how to veneer surfaces that
join at 90 degrees?
Thanks

Charlie Self

Jeff Fleisher asks:

I purchased some blue veneer from Constantine's and glued some on
a scrap piece of wood and it looks pretty good. Now...how do I build a box
with it? Anyone have any good references (books, magazine articles, etc)
that would be a good starting point to learn how to veneer surfaces that
join at 90 degrees?

Uh, veneer 'em flat, cut and join?

Charlie Self
"I am confident that the Republican Party will pick a nominee that will beat
Bill Clinton." Dan Quayle

John

Veneer the base wood and then build the box???

JOhn

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 23:15:24 -0400, "Jeff Fleisher"
wrote:

A friend would like me to make him a humidor. I've made these before so the
box construction is not an issue. HOWEVER, he wants the exterior to be
blue! I tried playing around with blue dyes but am not happy with the
results. I purchased some blue veneer from Constantine's and glued some on
a scrap piece of wood and it looks pretty good. Now...how do I build a box
with it? Anyone have any good references (books, magazine articles, etc)
that would be a good starting point to learn how to veneer surfaces that
join at 90 degrees?
Thanks

Andy Dingley

wrote:

Anyone have any good references (books, magazine articles, etc)
that would be a good starting point to learn how to veneer surfaces that
join at 90 degrees?

Tage Frid, 1st book. Best I've seen on how to do hammer veneering
with hot hide glue.

Edwin Pawlowski

Why veneer?
http://www.gilmerwood.com/photo%20ht...Mahoephoto.htm

--
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

Andy Dingley

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 23:45:38 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

Why veneer?

Easier than blind dovetails to hide the corner joints.

blue is better deborah barrie UK diy 8 March 19th 04 09:45 PM
European Oak Veneer John Woodworking 0 January 18th 04 01:21 AM
Solid wood, veneer over mdf or plywood Rich Zellmer Woodworking 3 January 6th 04 02:28 PM