Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: Eddie Fisher

Time marches on.

It was announced that Fisher had died tonight.

He was 82.

No other details, yet.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" writes:
Time marches on.

It was announced that Fisher had died tonight.

He was 82.

No other details, yet.

As Carrie said: "The best thing Liz Taylor ever did was
get Eddie out of the house".

Posted to rec.woodworking

Who ever that is.

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...ie+fisher&aq=f
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/24/2010 11:37 AM, CW wrote:
"Lew wrote in message
Time marches on.

It was announced that Fisher had died tonight.

He was 82.

No other details, yet.

Lew

Who ever that is.

Well if we didn't have Eddie Fisher than we wouldn't have had Princess Leia, or
at least she wouldn't have been played by Carrie Fisher.

--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 24, 11:30*am, (Scott Lurndal) wrote:
"Lew Hodgett" writes:
Time marches on.

It was announced that Fisher had died tonight.

He was 82.

No other details, yet.

As Carrie said: "The best thing Liz Taylor ever did was
get Eddie out of the house".

Carrie also said:
[On the cultural significance of her parents] I don't know if they
were culturally significant, but they were very popular. My mother
(Debbie Reynolds) and my father were America's sweethearts. They
literally received that tag. Even my parents sort of went along with
the assumption that they were a good couple, but they probably weren't
a very good couple. Anyway, my father was best friends with a man
named Mike Todd. Mike Todd was married to Elizabeth Taylor. Mike Todd
died in a plane crash, and my father consoled Elizabeth Taylor with
his penis.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/24/2010 12:37 PM, CW wrote:
"Lew wrote in message
Time marches on.

It was announced that Fisher had died tonight.

He was 82.

No other details, yet.

Lew

Who ever that is.

Carrie Fisher's dad. Was a popular singer in the '50s with several
tracks hitting number 1 on the charts and quite a lot in the top 40.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"J. Clarke" wrote in
:

Carrie Fisher's dad. Was a popular singer in the '50s with several
tracks hitting number 1 on the charts and quite a lot in the top 40.

And a swordsman of no small repute.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/24/2010 5:49 PM, Elrond Hubbard wrote:
"J. wrote in
:

Carrie Fisher's dad. Was a popular singer in the '50s with several
tracks hitting number 1 on the charts and quite a lot in the top 40.

And a swordsman of no small repute.

I did not know that. Thanks.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 24, 5:49*pm, Elrond Hubbard wrote:
"J. Clarke" wrote :

Carrie Fisher's dad. *Was a popular singer in the '50s with several
tracks hitting number 1 on the charts and quite a lot in the top 40.

And a swordsman of no small repute.

During a game of musical chairs, Fisher had Milton Berle land on him
and there was an immediate feeling of kinship.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Josepi wrote:
Carrie Fischer? I would love to Jabba' her Hutt.

At first, I thought lew meant Bobby Fisher, the chess player, but he
passed away January 17, 2008 (according to wikipedia). Gotta keep on
yer toes around here...

On 9/24/2010 11:37 AM, CW wrote:
"Lew wrote in message
Time marches on.

It was announced that Fisher had died tonight.

He was 82.

No other details, yet.

Lew

Who ever that is.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Bill" wrote:
At first, I thought lew meant Bobby Fisher, the chess player, but he
passed away January 17, 2008 (according to wikipedia). Gotta keep
on yer toes around here...

----------------------
You are dating yourself rookie.

Fisher predates Alan Freed by a few years so Rock-N-Roll was still a
wet dream.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Bill" wrote:
At first, I thought lew meant Bobby Fisher, the chess player, but he
passed away January 17, 2008 (according to wikipedia). Gotta keep
on yer toes around here...

You are dating yourself rookie.

"You gotta have heart....". Back then my dad was more into piano jazz.
He told me when he came back from his naval service after the Korean
war, he didn't get it (what people were listening to). Though I think
he admitted that he thought Elvis was a good singer.