Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sources for Stanley plane parts

I just bought a number 78 at a yard sale for $5. Now it would be a
gloat except that it is missing the fence, parts G & F he

http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~f...anley-078.html

Anybody know where these can be had?

-Jim
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 7, 11:31*am, jtpr wrote:
I just bought a number 78 at a yard sale for $5. *Now it would be a
gloat except that it is missing the fence, parts G & F he

http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~f...anley-078.html

Anybody know where these can be had?

-Jim

Many moons ago I needed a repair on a Yankee #130, another ancient
Stanley tool. I was able at that time to locate a fellow in
Bridgeport, Conn working for Stanley whose job it was to support these
olde hand tools. That department may or may not exist any longer. I
would try to look for your missing parts by finding a live person at
Stanley since your need is not in the main stream of requests that
they receive.
Joe G
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 7, 12:44*pm, GROVER wrote:
On Sep 7, 11:31*am, jtpr wrote:

I just bought a number 78 at a yard sale for $5. *Now it would be a
gloat except that it is missing the fence, parts G & F he

http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~f...anley-078.html

Anybody know where these can be had?

-Jim

Many moons ago I needed a repair on a Yankee #130, another ancient
Stanley tool. I was able at that *time to locate a fellow in
Bridgeport, Conn working for Stanley whose job it was to support these
olde hand tools. That department may or may not exist any longer. I
would try to look for your missing parts by finding a live person at
Stanley since your need is not in the main stream of requests that
they receive.
Joe G

Actually, on a whim I did a search on eBay for fence stanley 78 plane
and found the exact thing. But thank you for the advice.

-Jim
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/7/2010 12:51 PM, jtpr wrote:
On Sep 7, 12:44 pm, wrote:
On Sep 7, 11:31 am, wrote:

[...]

I was gonna suggest eBay... There is a LOT of traffic on Stanley planes and
parts up there, and your chances of finding oddball pieces like that are
actually better than you might expect.

--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 7 Sep 2010 08:31:39 -0700 (PDT), jtpr
wrote:

I just bought a number 78 at a yard sale for $5. Now it would be a
gloat except that it is missing the fence, parts G & F he

http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~f...anley-078.html

Anybody know where these can be had?

If Satanley can't help, try eBay.

--
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy
simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.

Stanley #55 plane Phisherman[_2_] Woodworking 18 January 18th 10 04:22 PM
Stanley plane Chris Woodworking 1 October 7th 07 02:56 PM
Stanley 113 circular plane parts [email protected] Woodworking 3 September 5th 07 03:16 PM
Stanley Plane Locutus Woodworking 13 December 20th 06 07:29 PM