RKON

Default Is Norm customizing his Unisaw like a Harley?

I noticed last night while watching Norm make the "Pier Table" that his
Unisaw looked shiny. Specifically, the Handwheels looked to have been
chromed. I have not noticed this before and I always have seen the
Handwheels as Black. Because I have Tivo I was able to look closer and sure
enough at 18 minutes into the episode when he is cutting the front pieces
for the table and he switches from 45 to 22 1/2 degrees those nice chromed
Handwheels are prominently shown.

Is this a new trend? Or are the Handwheels Chromed on Unisaws?

LROD?

Rich

Leon

His saw may be morphing into a Jet. ;~)

LRod

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 12:16:43 -0400, "RKON"
wrote:

I noticed last night while watching Norm make the "Pier Table" that his
Unisaw looked shiny. Specifically, the Handwheels looked to have been
chromed. I have not noticed this before and I always have seen the
Handwheels as Black. Because I have Tivo I was able to look closer and sure
enough at 18 minutes into the episode when he is cutting the front pieces
for the table and he switches from 45 to 22 1/2 degrees those nice chromed
Handwheels are prominently shown.

Is this a new trend? Or are the Handwheels Chromed on Unisaws?

LROD?

I'm not sure if they upgraded the handles. The Unisaw now being used
replaced the original Rockewell Unisaw around season 6. The possiblity
certainly exists that it's an even newer Unisaw that I haven't noticed
(nor been looking for). It's hard enough to tell Unisaws apart unless
they have four feet.

- -
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net
Unisaw A100

Lrod:
It's hard enough to tell Unisaws apart unless they have four feet.

sigh...

There are "subtleties" that can/will stick out like a sore
thumb after a while.

Maybe Norm traded in his new Unisaw for a real one?

UA100
Mitch Berkson

RKON wrote:

Is this a new trend? Or are the Handwheels Chromed on Unisaws?

This was available on a Norm special Unisaw offered by Delta somewhere
between five and ten years ago. Part of the same package was a plaque on
the saw.

Mitch Berkson

Unisaw A100

Mitch Berkson wrote:
This was available on a Norm special Unisaw offered by Delta somewhere
between five and ten years ago. Part of the same package was a plaque on
the saw.

That's more pitiful than the guys who got the Unisaw with
the, "This Saw Built 'Specially For (Insert Name Here)"
plaque on them.

UA100