Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Default Setting a wagon tire

Working on a decorative wagon wheel in wood, but I'd really like to put
a metal tire on it. Now, that's no trick if it's just for looks--make a
steel ring that's close enough to the dimension that a little epoxy
under it will hold it, but the devil in me wants to do a proper job and
shrink the thing.

Trouble is that this is a no-burn area so I can't just light a fire in
the back yard and heat the tire.

So, any ideas on how to go about this? The wheel is 2 feet in diameter,
making the tire too big to fit in a barbecue or the like. If I was
making a bunch of 'em I'd be tempted to just build a charcoal pit big
enough and call it a barbie, but that's a lot of work for one wheel.

And yeah, I know I can find a blacksmith, but I'm more interested in the
making than in having a wheel.

Setting a wagon tire Wes[_5_] Metalworking 5 August 1st 10 05:23 AM
My power wagon is in the DropBox Joe Pfeiffer Metalworking 0 September 23rd 08 05:41 PM
COVERED WAGON TOY BOX J T Woodworking 0 October 24th 05 05:29 AM
14" WAGON WHEEL J T Woodworking 0 September 14th 05 11:24 PM
INSPIRATION - J.D. GOAT WAGON J T Woodworking 1 November 11th 04 01:48 AM