Posted to rec.woodworking

Default An Oldie But Goodie

In article ,
Lew Hodgett wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/moplnx

A saw horse design that first appeared in Mother Earth many years ago
as a $6 saw horse.

If you follow the cut list exactly, you get a saw horse from two
2x4's, some saw dust and not much else.

Have built several.

One can be used along with a circular saw to cross cut 2x4's.

It's a well thought out design.

Enjoy.

Lew

It is a nice design. I believe I also saw a similar design in
ShopNotes magazine - about 6 times.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jul 12, 4:34*pm, (Larry W) wrote:

It is a nice design. I believe I also saw a similar design in
ShopNotes magazine - about 6 times.

An excellent reason for Lew not to share with folks that might not
have seen them.

Shame on you, Lew. Save your good deeds and efforts until you run
them by old Larry for approval.

Robert
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jul 13, 12:55*am, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:

I take it you operate with tongue firmly planted in cheek these days.

You betcha. I could have blown out a cheek on that one. My tongue is
kinda flattened out on the end from the pressure.

I have never understood why someone would even vaguely criticize, or
post any kind of snotty remark when when another is trying to pass
some helpful info along.

I was thinking, wow.... can you imagine... he has seen that before as
many as six times. What's the point of the remark? He reads more
than some? He feels that reading the same article more than once
makes him a more experienced woodworker?

Was he showing off his reading skills?

Dunno.... not an impressive skill set if he had to read the same
articles and plans six times to get the info in the noggin.

I say if anyone has ANYTHING of use to post, fire away.

If someone doesn't care for, like, or just can't stand useful info,
they should at least be able to keep a sock in their mouth and go to
the next post to let the others here without the vast reading
experience (not necessarily practical) enjoy a posting for the first
time.

Good on 'ya Lew, for posting something useful.

Robert
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 19:35:16 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote the following:

On Jul 12, 4:34*pm, (Larry W) wrote:

It is a nice design. I believe I also saw a similar design in
ShopNotes magazine - about 6 times.

An excellent reason for Lew not to share with folks that might not
have seen them.

Shame on you, Lew. Save your good deeds and efforts until you run
them by old Larry for approval.

Damned straight!

P.S: Gee, can't I have an opinion, Robert?

--

EXPLETIVE: A balm, usually applied verbally in hindsight,
which somehow eases those pains and indignities following
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 23:42:28 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote the following:

On Jul 13, 12:55*am, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:

I take it you operate with tongue firmly planted in cheek these days.

You betcha. I could have blown out a cheek on that one. My tongue is
kinda flattened out on the end from the pressure.

This, too, shall pass.

I have never understood why someone would even vaguely criticize, or
post any kind of snotty remark when when another is trying to pass
some helpful info along.

What, only the OP's opinion is valid, Naily? Nobody can say "I tried
that but it didn't work for me. Here's what I did.", or point out
flaws which others can take a whack at resolving? Your method stifles
creativity more than our posts do, sir.

I was thinking, wow.... can you imagine... he has seen that before as
many as six times. What's the point of the remark? He reads more
than some? He feels that reading the same article more than once
makes him a more experienced woodworker?

Was he showing off his reading skills?

He was commenting that ShopNotes was overly repetitive.
(Now whose reading skills are in question?

Dunno.... not an impressive skill set if he had to read the same
articles and plans six times to get the info in the noggin.

I say if anyone has ANYTHING of use to post, fire away.

That's not what you said above.

If someone doesn't care for, like, or just can't stand useful info,
they should at least be able to keep a sock in their mouth and go to
the next post to let the others here without the vast reading
experience (not necessarily practical) enjoy a posting for the first
time.

Would you have been less critical if I'd pointed out what I felt were
the good points of the design, and not just the bad?

Good on 'ya Lew, for posting something useful.

Yabbut, it wasn't political.

--

EXPLETIVE: A balm, usually applied verbally in hindsight,
which somehow eases those pains and indignities following
our every deficiency in foresight.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jul 13, 7:01*am, Larry Jaques wrote:

P.S: Gee, can't I have an opinion, Robert?

Of course you can. My comments were aimed at Larry W, not you.

You posted your opinion which and why you felt the way you did about
the horses. So did dpb, keith86, etc. No problem.

Again, I said post anything "of use". Maybe I took it wrong, but I
didn't like the casual driveby snottiness of the post. It added
nothing to the discussion.

And with all the political stuff/bait that is posted here I thought it
was nice of Lew to post something that was useful about woodworking.
When I saw that "been there done that got the T shirt" remark, I
didn't care for it.

Few enough people post anything of use here, no reason to discourage
anyone (no matter the reason behind it) from posting information
someone could use.

Robert
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jul 13, 4:38*pm, (Larry W) wrote:

My intention was to poke fun at ShopNotes, not Lew!

Then you have my apology.

Robert

OT Humour. Oldie but goodie Robatoy[_2_] Woodworking 0 November 9th 08 05:49 AM
Oldie but a goodie RayV Woodworking 3 January 11th 08 05:34 PM
Who wanted the 16" shaper? I found ya a goodie! Gunner Asch Metalworking 3 October 24th 05 08:34 AM
Oldie Coment Jay Pique Woodworking 0 August 12th 04 10:10 PM