Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Repair melamine...

Hi,

I want to repair nail holes on melamine, what product does the best job.

Thanks.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , "YouWontSpamThisAdress" wrote:
Hi,

I want to repair nail holes on melamine, what product does the best job.

When I had to do this, I used Bondo and paint. Worked OK.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Call a counter top company. They have putties they use on joints and buff it
off.

Or did you mean the garbage board pretend "melamine" paint coating?

"YouWontSpamThisAdress" wrote in
message ...
Hi,

I want to repair nail holes on melamine, what product does the best job.

Thanks.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jul 5, 2:26*pm, "YouWontSpamThisAdress"
wrote:
Hi,

I want to repair nail holes on melamine, what product does the best job.

Thanks.

There is a product called "Seamfill". It comes in innumerable colors
and is sold by the firms that sell high pressure laminates better
known as Formica, Wilsonart etc. This will do the job if you can
locate a dealer near you.

Joe G

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
Hi,

I want to repair nail holes on melamine, what product does the best job..

Thanks.

There is a product called "Seamfill". It comes in innumerable colors
and is sold by the firms that sell high pressure laminates better
known as Formica, Wilsonart etc. This will do the job if you can
locate a dealer near you.

Joe G

Seamfill would be overkill. It is expensive. A little bit of DuraBond
90, not too too wet mixed, overfill the hole and when dry, level with
a one-sided razor-blade or a very sharp chisel. Then paint with an art
paint. Polyfilla works adequately depending on the wear it will get.
An oil-based paint would hold the whole filler/PB package together.
Nail polish works okay if you can find the really opaque stuff.

how to cut melamine [email protected] Woodworking 16 September 5th 07 06:31 PM
Melamine a34655 Woodworking 9 February 1st 07 11:00 PM
Questions about melamine John Carlson Woodworking 7 January 8th 05 12:37 PM
Joining Melamine Scott Woodworking 7 January 5th 05 10:42 PM
Does painting melamine contradict the reason for using melamine? Rich UK diy 1 July 10th 03 03:32 PM