Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Multi-Tool (Fein vs Genesis/HF/PowerFist/Chicago)

"RonB" wrote in message

Works just as well as the Fein, with one exception. When I used to
really lean into the Fein, it barely complained. This Genesis slows
down and complains. Longevity is likely on the side of the Fein.
But for just over 40 bucks?
Nothing to talk about. Such a deal.

HF isn't my normal choice for tools but there have been exceptions. I
bought one of their cheap ($20) brad nailers as a backup for my 18ga
Porter Cable years ago. It has gotten a fair amount of use and is
hanging in there just fine. I own a couple of their air tools and no
complaints

A few years ago, in a weak moment, I bought one of their $99
mortisers. The hold down apparatus sucks but the chisels were quite
good and it cuts square holes and lines them up with some care.

Our son just bought one of the subject multi-tools and I am waiting
for his progress report. Or I might just buy one when I'm in Joplin
this weekend.

RonB

BTW, there's a coupon for the 4.5 inch grinder at $9.99 for the next week or
so. Best tool HF ever made. Indestructible.

CHICAGO TOOL FLOOR DRILL PRESS, 16 SPEED QUALTY! [email protected] Woodworking 17 September 22nd 19 10:08 PM
Multi-tool Mk. I DGDevin Woodworking 3 January 30th 10 09:18 PM
Fein Multi Thingy The Medway Handyman UK diy 7 March 30th 07 02:15 AM
Fein Multi MasterRS any good? Jack Woodworking 14 June 21st 06 04:36 AM