Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Light, strong, not springy, wood for a skateboard?

I can buy a cheap skateboard for $20 US, but I would prefer to cut
my own. I do not want concave or springy, it needs to be strong
and lightweight flat wood. Anything readily available at the local
hardware stores that might work for a skateboard deck? Ordinary 1" x
8" (or 12") wood? Plywood?

Thanks.

--
FWIW. It is actually not exactly a skateboard, but it is something
similar. It will support an adult male and go over many obstacles.