Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Gloat for people living near the Gulf

Just dip your woodworking projects in the ocean for a beautiful oil finish.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 26, 5:44*pm, "Rusty" wrote:
Just dip your woodworking projects in the ocean for a beautiful oil finish.

This funny how?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 26, 5:44*pm, "Rusty" wrote:
Just dip your woodworking projects in the ocean for a beautiful oil finish.

Somebody's talking sense...:

"The government should immediately freeze BP's assets and start to
charge the corporation -- say $100 million -- each day the oil flows.
The money could be held in a fund that U.S. government draws on to
take care of the people along the Gulf Coast and pay the states for
doing the cleanup."
(Lt. Gen .Russell Honoré)
Posted to rec.woodworking

stupid thing to say Rusty
"Rusty" wrote in message
Just dip your woodworking projects in the ocean for a beautiful oil
finish.

Posted to rec.woodworking

There are companies that convert trash of all kinds - turkey/chickens...
into minerals and useful stuff. Small R&D companies finally thinking...

Why not set one up to slurp this stuff up and out - still out the good
and sort out the bad.

Kinda neat company idea. Take garbage and waste of all kinds and distill
out all sorts of stuff. Carbon black was only one element that came.

All of this junk grass we cut and dry on the fields - why not bail it and
soak up the crap - that would be easy to burn and stuff.

Just no idea men in the Government.
Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
"Our Republic and the Press will Rise or Fall Together": Joseph Pulitzer
TSRA: Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Charter Founder
IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com/

On 5/26/2010 6:32 PM, Robatoy wrote:
On May 26, 5:44 pm, wrote:
Just dip your woodworking projects in the ocean for a beautiful oil finish.

Somebody's talking sense...:

"The government should immediately freeze BP's assets and start to
charge the corporation -- say $100 million -- each day the oil flows.
The money could be held in a fund that U.S. government draws on to
take care of the people along the Gulf Coast and pay the states for
doing the cleanup."
(Lt. Gen .Russell Honoré)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 26, 4:44*pm, "Rusty" wrote:
Just dip your woodworking projects in the ocean for a beautiful oil finish.

This really isn't a bit funnier than the bull**** jokes Letterman is
telling at the Gulf coast's expense.

If the hurricane wasn't enough now we have oil and smartasses.

RonB
Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 26, 10:23*pm, RonB wrote:
On May 26, 4:44*pm, "Rusty" wrote:

Just dip your woodworking projects in the ocean for a beautiful oil finish.

This really isn't a bit funnier than the bull**** jokes Letterman is
telling at the Gulf coast's expense.

If the hurricane wasn't enough now we have oil and smartasses.

RonB

Letterman is another example of somebody who hasn't got a clue how
serious this is.
That spill isn't plugged yet either.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2010-05-26 21:19:06 -0400, "Martin H. Eastburn"
said:

Why not set one up to slurp this stuff up and out - still out the good
and sort out the bad.

Kevin Costner has patented some centrifudge device that's supposed to
separate oil from water quickly in vast quantity.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/kev...ry?id=10689928
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...n_oil_fro.html

(Unrelated

but intersting, actress Hedy Lamar co-invented "frequency-hopping"
spread spectrum communications, key to some forms of Wi-Fi and CDMA.)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 26 May 2010 14:44:31 -0700, "Rusty" wrote:

Just dip your woodworking projects in the ocean for a beautiful oil finish.

Dip your head in it and take a real deep breath, **** head..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 26 May 2010 20:19:06 -0500, "Martin H. Eastburn"
wrote:

The "good" news is that among other things, they're using a dispersing agent to
break up the oil before too much is washed up on the beaches..
The bad news it that it's apparently sinking to the bottom and will kill the
coral..

On May 26, 5:44 pm, wrote:
Just dip your woodworking projects in the ocean for a beautiful oil finish.

Somebody's talking sense...:

"The government should immediately freeze BP's assets and start to
charge the corporation -- say $100 million -- each day the oil flows.
The money could be held in a fund that U.S. government draws on to
take care of the people along the Gulf Coast and pay the states for
doing the cleanup."
(Lt. Gen .Russell Honoré)

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

The "good" news is that among other things, they're using a dispersing
agent to
break up the oil before too much is washed up on the beaches..
The bad news it that it's apparently sinking to the bottom and will kill
the
coral..

Depends on where they use the dispersing agent and where it sinks. If it
sinks near the well or in similar depths, there's not much to kill. There
are deep water corals, but most corals are shallow water reef dwellers.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:

Letterman is another example of somebody who hasn't got a clue how
serious this is.

It seriously proves Quinns Law that liberalism always generates the
exact opposite of its stated intent.

Would be much better to start drilling on land than a mile under the
sea. Oil is mandatory, so about all thats in question is who's ****ing
idea was it to ban wells from land where they belong? Had the well been
on land, it would have been fixed before anyone knew it happened.

That spill isn't plugged yet either.

I know, lets send some of the rec.woodworkers down to show them how to
stuff up a wellhead a mile under the ocean. If that won't do it,
perhaps they could plug it up with bull**** from the ali obama
administration, or skip the bull****...

--
Jack
"Take risks: If you win, you will be happy; if you lose, you will be wise."
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Rusty" wrote in message
Just dip your woodworking projects in the ocean for a beautiful oil
finish.

To soon?
Drill baby drill
spill baby spill
Just my Leeebral way of saying "I told you so"
Now that the oil is spilt not much you can do except try to hide the size of
the spill from view.
Experts say because of the pressures involved they may have to wait for the
oil to run out.
Then BP can cap it and claim they fixed it.
The stuff once it touches dry land sticks to everything
They can throw hay, dispersants and supertanker scoopers at it but it is
incredibly huge spill
Like using your little spray bottle of Windex to clean a state bigger than
Texas
Is anything bigger than Texas?
Chaney got what he wanted deregulation and deep water drilling
Options are clean it up as best you can and heavily regulate the drilling or
no drilling.
Wait 30 years for the stuff to be hidden by a foot of sand and live with the
effects to people's health
You know you want it, you need it, oil the life's blood of America
Consider the place a write off and drill more baby drill more.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"mac davis" wrote in message
On Wed, 26 May 2010 14:44:31 -0700, "Rusty" wrote:

Just dip your woodworking projects in the ocean for a beautiful oil
finish.

Dip your head in it and take a real deep breath, **** head..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Funny that is what I thought of you for wanting to drill there in the first
place.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 27, 9:21*am, Jack Stein wrote:
Robatoy wrote:
Letterman is another example of somebody who hasn't got a clue how
serious this is.

It seriously proves Quinns Law that liberalism always generates the
exact opposite of its stated intent.

How does Letterman's insensitivity prove Quinn's Law?

[snipped the rest of Stein's hate speech.]

Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 27, 10:51*am, "Rusty" wrote:
"Rusty" wrote in message

Just dip your woodworking projects in the ocean for a beautiful oil
finish.

To soon?
Drill baby drill
spill baby spill
Just my Leeebral way of saying "I told you so"
Now that the oil is spilt not much you can do except try to hide the size of
the spill from view.
Experts say because of the pressures involved they may have to wait for the
oil to run out.
Then BP can cap it and claim they fixed it.

I don't suppose you've seen this:

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,5782115.story

The stuff once it touches dry land sticks to everything
They can throw hay, dispersants and supertanker scoopers at it but it is
incredibly huge spill
Like using your little spray bottle of Windex to clean a state bigger than
Texas
Is anything bigger than Texas?
Chaney got what he wanted deregulation and deep water drilling
Options are clean it up as best you can and heavily regulate the drilling or
no drilling.
Wait 30 years for the stuff to be hidden by a foot of sand and live with the
effects to people's health
You know you want it, you need it, oil the life's blood of America
Consider the place a write off and drill more baby drill more.

What a maroon.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 27 May 2010 09:21:00 -0400, Jack Stein
wrote:

I know, lets send some of the rec.woodworkers down to show them how to
stuff up a wellhead a mile under the ocean. If that won't do it,

Better idea. Let's just send you. Your swelled head could plug most
any pipe.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

I know, lets send some of the rec.woodworkers down to show them how to
stuff up a wellhead a mile under the ocean. *If that won't do it,

Better idea. Let's just send you. Your swelled head could plug most
any pipe.

I think he'd rather be ON a pipe than in one.
Posted to rec.woodworking

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...l-spill-top-ki...

The stuff once it touches dry land sticks to everything
They can throw hay, dispersants and supertanker scoopers at it but it is
incredibly huge spill
Like using your little spray bottle of Windex to clean a state bigger than
Texas
Is anything bigger than Texas?
Chaney got what he wanted deregulation and deep water drilling
Options are clean it up as best you can and heavily regulate the drilling or
no drilling.
Wait 30 years for the stuff to be hidden by a foot of sand and live with the
effects to people's health
You know you want it, you need it, oil the life's blood of America
Consider the place a write off and drill more baby drill more.

What a maroon.

Egg on your face, eh?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Coral lives on reefs and mounts and structures. Very little lives on
the bottom - but some shells do live in the muck and sand getting what
drops to the bottom.

Lived in the South Pacific and have a massive shell collection.

On May 26, 5:44 pm, wrote:
Just dip your woodworking projects in the ocean for a beautiful oil finish.

Somebody's talking sense...:

"The government should immediately freeze BP's assets and start to
charge the corporation -- say $100 million -- each day the oil flows.
The money could be held in a fund that U.S. government draws on to
take care of the people along the Gulf Coast and pay the states for
doing the cleanup."
(Lt. Gen .Russell Honoré)

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Posted to rec.woodworking

Give it up Rusty - we are the only country in the world that has offshore
oil that won't let people drill. LOONEY folk living in 10,000 square foot
homes that haven't got a clue don't want to see a rig 40 miles from show -
but 22 is the horizon.

On 5/27/2010 10:51 AM, Rusty wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 27 May 2010 01:40:15 -0700, "Lobby Dosser" wrote:

.. .
wrote:

The "good" news is that among other things, they're using a dispersing
agent to
break up the oil before too much is washed up on the beaches..
The bad news it that it's apparently sinking to the bottom and will kill
the
coral..

Depends on where they use the dispersing agent and where it sinks. If it
sinks near the well or in similar depths, there's not much to kill. There
are deep water corals, but most corals are shallow water reef dwellers.

Not sure, but she said the coral was getting covered, so I'm guessing that
they're using it to try to protect the beaches..
Supposed to be a couple of Utube movies showing divers estimating damage, but
I'm bandwidth impaired..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 27 May 2010 08:52:12 -0700, "Rusty" wrote:

"mac davis" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 26 May 2010 14:44:31 -0700, "Rusty" wrote:

Just dip your woodworking projects in the ocean for a beautiful oil
finish.

Dip your head in it and take a real deep breath, **** head..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Funny that is what I thought of you for wanting to drill there in the first
place.

I'd like to say it was nice knowing you before the kill file, but you're
obviously an insensitive asshole, so you won't be missed..
Hope the next disaster is in your neighborhood..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.woodworking

"mac davis" wrote in message
On Thu, 27 May 2010 08:52:12 -0700, "Rusty" wrote:

"mac davis" wrote in message
. ..
On Wed, 26 May 2010 14:44:31 -0700, "Rusty" wrote:

Just dip your woodworking projects in the ocean for a beautiful oil
finish.

Dip your head in it and take a real deep breath, **** head..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Funny that is what I thought of you for wanting to drill there in the
first
place.

I'd like to say it was nice knowing you before the kill file, but you're
obviously an insensitive asshole, so you won't be missed..
Hope the next disaster is in your neighborhood..

A disaster of One ...

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

I know, lets send some of the rec.woodworkers down to show them how to
stuff up a wellhead a mile under the ocean. If that won't do it,

Better idea. Let's just send you. Your swelled head could plug most
any pipe.

Pathetic, as usual!
--
Jack
What one person receives without working for, another person must work
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

I know, lets send some of the rec.woodworkers down to show them how to
stuff up a wellhead a mile under the ocean. If that won't do it,

Better idea. Let's just send you. Your swelled head could plug most
any pipe.

I think he'd rather be ON a pipe than in one.

Congrats! You're even more pathetic than your dancing partner Upscale....

I'd of thought it near impossible...

--
Jack
Got Change: 50 States ==== 57 States, not counting Alaska and Hawaii!
Posted to rec.woodworking

"mac davis" wrote in message
On Thu, 27 May 2010 08:52:12 -0700, "Rusty" wrote:

"mac davis" wrote in message
. ..
On Wed, 26 May 2010 14:44:31 -0700, "Rusty" wrote:

Just dip your woodworking projects in the ocean for a beautiful oil
finish.

Dip your head in it and take a real deep breath, **** head..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Funny that is what I thought of you for wanting to drill there in the
first
place.

I'd like to say it was nice knowing you before the kill file, but you're
obviously an insensitive asshole, so you won't be missed..
Hope the next disaster is in your neighborhood..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Oh! to have never known you pffft

That's why we drill over there so they don't drill here
Sorry I laugh to keep from crying

Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:
On May 26, 10:23 pm, RonB wrote:
On May 26, 4:44 pm, "Rusty" wrote:

Just dip your woodworking projects in the ocean for a beautiful oil
finish.

This really isn't a bit funnier than the bull**** jokes Letterman is
telling at the Gulf coast's expense.

If the hurricane wasn't enough now we have oil and smartasses.

RonB

Letterman is another example of somebody who hasn't got a clue how
serious this is.
That spill isn't plugged yet either.

Oh come on - he was just trying to be a bit light hearted in the midst of a
bad situation. It's not like losing one's sense of humor is going to make
the cleanup and repair work procede any better. It's not even like his
comment dismisses the problem in any way. I read it to be more of a
satiricle statement on the sad state of affairs down there.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 29, 9:52*am, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:
Robatoy wrote:
On May 26, 10:23 pm, RonB wrote:
On May 26, 4:44 pm, "Rusty" wrote:

Just dip your woodworking projects in the ocean for a beautiful oil
finish.

This really isn't a bit funnier than the bull**** jokes Letterman is
telling at the Gulf coast's expense.

If the hurricane wasn't enough now we have oil and smartasses.

RonB

Letterman is another example of somebody who hasn't got a clue how
serious this is.
That spill isn't plugged yet either.

Oh come on - he was just trying to be a bit light hearted in the midst of a
bad situation. *It's not like losing one's sense of humor is going to make
the cleanup and repair work procede any better. *It's not even like his
comment dismisses the problem in any way. *I read it to be more of a
satiricle statement on the sad state of affairs down there.

--

-Mike-

I did overreact and as one who uses gallows humour quite often, I
should have picked up on that. My apologies.

I won't take back anything I said about the seriousness of the
situation because I find it hard to lighten up considering the
enormous impact.