Posted to rec.woodworking

Default New Titebond datecode

Titebond has apparently changed their datecode coding as
it no longer follows the YMxxxx format. I just bought a
quart of TBII and the code is A911190052.
Googling didn't help and the TB website has nothing on the
code itself but is full of marketing weasel words on the shelf
life.
Does anyone know how to decode the new cipher?
Art

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , "Artemus" wrote:
Titebond has apparently changed their datecode coding as
it no longer follows the YMxxxx format. I just bought a
quart of TBII and the code is A911190052.
Googling didn't help and the TB website has nothing on the
code itself but is full of marketing weasel words on the shelf
life.
Does anyone know how to decode the new cipher?

Call the toll-free number on the bottle and ask them. I'm betting they tell
you that bottle was manufactured in January 2009. I'll speculate further that
it's batch 1119 made in plant 0052.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default New Titebond datecode RESPONSE

In article , "Artemus" wrote:

"Artemus" wrote in message
Titebond has apparently changed their datecode coding as
it no longer follows the YMxxxx format. I just bought a
quart of TBII and the code is A911190052.
Googling didn't help and the TB website has nothing on the
code itself but is full of marketing weasel words on the shelf
life.
Does anyone know how to decode the new cipher?
Art

I got this response back from Franklin.
Art

[...]

The first digit represents A for America (made in), the second digit is the last
digit of the year of manufacture, the third and fourth digits represent the month,
the fifth and sixth digits represent the day of the month and the last four digits
represent the lot number.
Example:
A904270023 – This material was manufactured on April 27, 2009

So your bottle, coded A911190052, was made in America on November 19, 2009,
and it's lot number 0052.

Thanks for posting the info.