Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Drywall lift

###################

Does anyone have plans for a homemade
drywall lift ?
I saw one in an old issue of Fine Homebuilding
awhile back made from 2 X 4s , on a rolling
base frame.

Smitty
####################
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
###################

Does anyone have plans for a homemade
drywall lift ?
I saw one in an old issue of Fine Homebuilding
awhile back made from 2 X 4s , on a rolling
base frame.

Not really answering your question, but with these things available for as
little as $140 delivered it's not worth the time to make one... unless
you're talking about a couple of t-square supports. ;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

Does anyone have plans for a homemade
drywall lift ?

Not really answering your question, but with these things available for as
little as $140 delivered it's not worth the time to make one... unless
you're talking about a couple of t-square supports. ;~)

Can you tell me where I would find this ?

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message

Does anyone have plans for a homemade
drywall lift ?

Not really answering your question, but with these things available for
as
little as $140 delivered it's not worth the time to make one... unless
you're talking about a couple of t-square supports. ;~)

Can you tell me where I would find this ?

Probably the easiest place to find a good selection of them is Amazon.com.
The advanced search on Harbor Freight returns basically the same list.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...s=drywall+lift

This one is $90 + shipping

http://www.amazon.com/Professional-D...2234197&sr=8-6

others at higher prices include the shipping.

John

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
###################

Does anyone have plans for a homemade
drywall lift ?
I saw one in an old issue of Fine Homebuilding
awhile back made from 2 X 4s , on a rolling
base frame.

Smitty
####################

My son and I dry walled an addition on his house. We rented a lift from Home
Depot for one day. WW

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2010-04-25 17:29:51 -0400, "John Grossbohlin"
said:

Does anyone have plans for a homemade
drywall lift ?
I saw one in an old issue of Fine Homebuilding
awhile back made from 2 X 4s , on a rolling
base frame.

Not really answering your question, but with these things available for
as little as $140 delivered it's not worth the time to make one.

Or you can rent one for about $30/day. And it's still a lot easier if
you have a helper. They're great for ceilings, but expect to use a 2X4
as a ledge when installing on walls, shimming as necessary.

These lessons are still fresh -- I just insulated and drywalled the
garage so I can have a proper workshop.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
###################

Does anyone have plans for a homemade
drywall lift ?
I saw one in an old issue of Fine Homebuilding
awhile back made from 2 X 4s , on a rolling
base frame.

Smitty
####################

I made one 30 years ago in an afternoon using old water pipe. I cut a slot
in the sides of a larger pipe. Then I put a pulley at the bottom of another
pipe and dropped it inside. I mounted a boat winch on the side, added
tripod legs and casters and a rack on top to hold the sheets. Fast and zero
cost using scraps I had already. It has put up a lot of sheetrock over the
years. Sits around outside until I need it. I got a 14 foot ceiling coming
up. Too tall for the one I have. Also too tall for the lifts they are
selling. I plan on building a new one using store bought material this
time. I think I'll make it to handle 16 foot long panels as well. I also
plan on using an electric winch so I don't have to crank a boat winch.
Pretty straight forward. Nothing on paper. I figure the mast will have 3
sliding sections to achieve the height I need.

Posted to rec.woodworking

g.com...
On 2010-04-25 17:29:51 -0400, "John Grossbohlin"
said:

Does anyone have plans for a homemade
drywall lift ?
I saw one in an old issue of Fine Homebuilding
awhile back made from 2 X 4s , on a rolling
base frame.

Not really answering your question, but with these things available for
as little as $140 delivered it's not worth the time to make one.

Or you can rent one for about $30/day. And it's still a lot easier if you
have a helper. They're great for ceilings, but expect to use a 2X4 as a
ledge when installing on walls, shimming as necessary.

These lessons are still fresh -- I just insulated and drywalled the garage
so I can have a proper workshop.

$30/day is great if you move fast enough... I never seem to get it done that
fast working alone. ;~) Did a 16x22 foot room with trayed ceiling in
January with 12' sheets... Did the upper part of the walls too but didn't
need a 2x4 ledge with the lift I used... the spring loaded hooks held it
fine.

John

Posted to rec.woodworking

Pat wrote:
(snip)

I got a 14 foot ceiling coming
up. Too tall for the one I have. Also too tall for the lifts they are
selling.

"They" who? Telpro is expensive, but 14' is no problem.
http://web.mac.com/mphcj5/Panellift/Standard.html

I plan on building a new one using store bought material this
time.

Oh. Carry on then.

Drywall Lift Tony[_19_] Home Repair 30 December 16th 09 08:38 AM
ATV lift Larry Jaques Metalworking 0 June 8th 09 11:51 PM
Precision Router Lift versus Quick Lift Never Enough Money Woodworking 8 December 4th 05 05:24 AM
drywall lift plans kirk78h Woodworking 5 October 6th 05 10:53 PM
drywall lift plans Paul Amaranth Metalworking 2 January 26th 04 11:20 PM