Posted to rec.woodworking

Default new mirka ROS to compete with Festool

Too rich for my blood but some of you pros might find this interesting:

http://www.mirkadustfreesanding.co.uk/

http://blogs.popularwoodworking.com/...om+Heaven.aspx

It's a palm sander (5" and 6") from Mirka that is supposed to feel more
like an air sander. It uses a 22V brushless motor with a separate
(quite large) power supply box. The handheld part for the 6" sander
weighs just over 2 pounds and is very compact. The 6" sander is
available with two different orbit sizes.

Looks like it's currently priced between the Festool ETS 150 and the
Rotex 150.

Chris
Posted to rec.woodworking

Looks like it's currently priced between the Festool ETS 150 and the
Rotex 150.

Chris

Interesting, it looks like it could be comfortable. I have a 6" bosch
something that will sand through the part and the table if you aren't
careful but it is unwieldy and not at all comfortable to use. More
like a grinder really. Sometimes I guy just needs to sand like that so
it might be nice to have a better feel.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2010-04-16, Chris Friesen wrote:

Too rich for my blood but some of you pros might find this interesting:

http://www.mirkadustfreesanding.co.uk/

http://blogs.popularwoodworking.com/...om+Heaven.aspx

It's a palm sander (5" and 6") from Mirka that is supposed to feel more
like an air sander. It uses a 22V brushless motor with a separate
(quite large) power supply box. The handheld part for the 6" sander
weighs just over 2 pounds and is very compact. The 6" sander is
available with two different orbit sizes.

Looks like it's currently priced between the Festool ETS 150 and the
Rotex 150.

Chris

Thanks for posting this, Mirka is a Finnish company and I didn't know
they produced electric sanders too. Their sanding papers are very good,
IMHO. (Btw. Mirka is a Finnish translation of hebrew Miriam [or Mirjam, not
sure or translitteration]).

seismo malm