Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Free saw blade books

On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 09:41:30 -0700, tomwalz wrote:

Free saw blade books

If you email I will reply and attach 2
pdfs.

1. Lowell Freeborns Carbide Saw Manual. 2. Carbide Saw

Specification
Manual

Lowell Freeborn started SystiMatic with Bob Budke then went on to found
Freeborn tool in Spokane. His book is a standard in the tool industry.
This is the original version and is a bit dated in parts. He uses the
old metric to inch conversion ratio and many of the carbide companies
listed no longer exist. However his descriptions of saw sharpening and
saw hammering are considered industry classics. They are extremely
accurate and very easy to understand.

The Carbide Saw Specification Manual does not list an author or source
and I cannot find one. It reads very much like it was written by Don
Anderson who was head of cutting tool engineering for Weyerhaeuser in
the 80s. It was written for sawmill saws but is a standard in industry
for all saws.

Mush of this information is on our web site in the form of individual
articles however I promised Mr. Freeborn that I would do his best to
keep his book alive.

Too many truly good books disappear. At one time I had Chisels on a
Wheel on my web site. I had permission from the publisher who was the
copyright holder. Then the authors daughter surfaced, acquired the
copyright and insisted I take the book down. Saving these books is sort
of a hobby, I guess.

tom

Tom,
Thanks for sending me these, I work in a medium size
sawmill and these are useful resources.

basilisk

Posted to rec.woodworking

--
A wink is as good as a nod to a blind horse- Hide quoted text -

Happy to.

We have a lot more information on our web site at www.carbideprocessors.com..
If you are not getting our newsletter, just email and I'll add you to
the list.

Tom

free books ahmad UK diy 2 February 21st 08 10:18 PM
free books ahmad UK diy 1 February 20th 08 09:55 PM