Posted to rec.woodworking
Neil Brooks Neil Brooks is offline

Default Free saw blade books

On Mar 30, 9:19*am, tomwalz wrote:
On Mar 29, 7:26*pm, basilisk wrote:

On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 09:41:30 -0700, tomwalz wrote:
Free saw blade books

If you email I will reply and attach 2
pdf’s.

1. Lowell Freeborn’s Carbide Saw Manual. 2. * * *Carbide Saw

Specification
Manual

Lowell Freeborn started SystiMatic with Bob Budke then went on to found
Freeborn tool in Spokane. *His book is a standard in the tool industry.
This is the original version and is a bit dated in parts. He uses the
old metric to inch conversion ratio and many of the carbide companies
listed no longer exist. * However his descriptions of saw sharpening and
saw hammering are considered industry classics. They are extremely
accurate and *very easy to understand.

The Carbide Saw Specification Manual does not list an author or source
and I cannot find one. *It reads very much like it was written by Don
Anderson who was head of cutting tool engineering for Weyerhaeuser in
the 80”s. *It was written for sawmill saws but is a standard in industry
for all saws.

Mush of this information is on our web site in the form of individual
articles however I promised Mr. Freeborn that I would do his best to
keep his book alive.

Too many truly good books disappear. *At one time I had Chisels on a
Wheel on my web site. *I had permission from the publisher who was the
copyright holder. * Then the author’s daughter surfaced, acquired the
copyright and insisted I take the book down. *Saving these books is sort
of a hobby, I guess.

tom

Tom,
Thanks for sending me these, I work in a medium size
sawmill and these are useful resources.

basilisk

--
A wink is as good as a nod to a blind horse- Hide quoted text -

Happy to.

We have a lot more information on our web site atwww.carbideprocessors.com.
If you are not getting our newsletter, just email and I'll add you to
the list.

Tom

Link no workie??