Posted to rec.woodworking

Default ### Nail gun art

Anybody with a sheet of plywood & a nail gun
wanna try this ?

http://www.wimp.com/nailart/

Smitty
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 16:47:27 -0600, Dave Balderstone
wrote:

In article
,
" wrote:

Anybody with a sheet of plywood & a nail gun
wanna try this ?

http://www.wimp.com/nailart/

Smitty

Wish I could believe it was real...

....yah, that's some cool BS there...

cg

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 11, 2:51*pm, Chasgroh wrote:
On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 16:47:27 -0600, Dave Balderstone

wrote:
In article
,
" wrote:

Anybody with a sheet of plywood & a nail gun
wanna try this ?

http://www.wimp.com/nailart/

Smitty

Wish I could believe it was real...

...yah, that's some cool BS there... *

cg

#######################
I did some research =

###############################
Fake, for several reasons:

* As any shooter will know, shooting from the hip like that is very
inaccurate.
* You can't keep the rate of fire that those nails appeared at with a
semi-automatic for that long, especially not if you want to maintain
accuracy.
* The rate the nails appeared at is much higher than the rate of the
trigger pulls.
* Not a single nail bounces off another nail (which would also be
quite dangerous, and they should have worn more than simple eye
protection).
* All the nails are hammered in perfectly straight to exactly the same
depth. A nail is hardly a ballistically stable projectile, and I
wouldn't expect such perfect results.
* A nail gun is not made to fire nails on a predictable trajectory.
There would be a larger inaccuracy inherent in it.
* No one got hurt. Due to the risk of bouncing nails off other nails,
and nails tumbling and not hitting point first, nails should be flying
all over the place.

Also, but I'm not quite sure of this, I've never seen flat head nails
used in a nail gun, I've only seen nails with a small conical head
(Dyckert in Swedish, have no idea what the English word is. See image
for dyckert on wikipedia: http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyckert).

Smitty
####################
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 11, 8:16*pm, " wrote:
On Mar 11, 2:51*pm, Chasgroh wrote:

On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 16:47:27 -0600, Dave Balderstone

wrote:
In article
,
" wrote:

[...]

how about an endless magazine?

Posted to rec.woodworking

oh, hey... just enjoy it for the 'photoshop' fun it obviously is....

Admirable job
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote

how about an endless magazine?
===================

Those are a "staple" in the movies.

Like those 50 shot six shooters.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 11, 8:16*pm, " wrote:
On Mar 11, 2:51*pm, Chasgroh wrote:

On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 16:47:27 -0600, Dave Balderstone

wrote:
In article
,
" wrote:

[...]

Also at 51 seconds you can see 2 distinct and very separate lines
being formed at the same time. Also the nails feeding into the gun
appear more like a cartoon drawing than real.

Allen
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote the following:
Anybody with a sheet of plywood & a nail gun
wanna try this ?

http://www.wimp.com/nailart/

Smitty

That's pretty good. He must be applying some English to those nails
since he isn't even pointing the gun at the part where the nails are
supposedly sticking.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 17:09:00 -0800 (PST), the infamous Robatoy
scrawled the following:

On Mar 11, 5:35*pm, " wrote:
Anybody with a sheet of plywood & a nail gun
wanna try this ?

http://www.wimp.com/nailart/

Smitty

Bull****.

Literalists are _sooo_ fun to watch react. bseg

--
There is no such thing as limits to growth, because there are no limits
to the human capacity for intelligence, imagination, and wonder.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 17:29:59 -0800 (PST), the infamous Robatoy
scrawled the following:

Smitty

#######################
I did some research =

###############################
Fake, for several reasons:

* As any shooter will know, shooting from the hip like that is very
inaccurate.

Tell that to a gunslinger who shoots 12,000 round a month. Muscle
memory becomes extremely good.

* You can't keep the rate of fire that those nails appeared at with a
semi-automatic for that long, especially not if you want to maintain
accuracy.

Didn't you see his calloused trigger finger?

* The rate the nails appeared at is much higher than the rate of the
trigger pulls.

Bump-firing does that.

* Not a single nail bounces off another nail (which would also be
quite dangerous, and they should have worn more than simple eye
protection).

Poetic license for Pros.

* All the nails are hammered in perfectly straight to exactly the same
depth. A nail is hardly a ballistically stable projectile, and I
wouldn't expect such perfect results.

No, the first several were 3/8" deeper due to the static PSI. Running
psi nails were all the same.

* A nail gun is not made to fire nails on a predictable trajectory.
There would be a larger inaccuracy inherent in it.

What? The guy's obviously a pro.

* No one got hurt. Due to the risk of bouncing nails off other nails,
and nails tumbling and not hitting point first, nails should be flying
all over the place.

Pro.

Also, but I'm not quite sure of this, I've never seen flat head nails
used in a nail gun, I've only seen nails with a small conical head
(Dyckert in Swedish, have no idea what the English word is. See image
for dyckert on wikipedia:http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyckert).

Those are roofing nails. _Very_ common.
http://tinyurl.com/y8ghxho

Smitty
####################

how about an endless magazine?

Pretty trick, wot? I'm sure they duct-taped rolls together. Didn't
you see the end of the endless roll on the table in the forefront?

--
There is no such thing as limits to growth, because there are no limits
to the human capacity for intelligence, imagination, and wonder.
--Ronald Reagan
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 21:59:39 -0500, the infamous willshak
scrawled the following:

wrote the following:
Anybody with a sheet of plywood & a nail gun
wanna try this ?

http://www.wimp.com/nailart/

Smitty

That's pretty good. He must be applying some English to those nails
since he isn't even pointing the gun at the part where the nails are
supposedly sticking.

Gravity fluctuates in that shop. Don't worry about it.

--
There is no such thing as limits to growth, because there are no limits
to the human capacity for intelligence, imagination, and wonder.
--Ronald Reagan
Posted to rec.woodworking

#######################
I did some research =

###############################
Fake, for several reasons:

Had to do the research, did ya? :-p

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 11, 5:35*pm, " wrote:
Anybody with a sheet of plywood & a nail gun
wanna try this ?

http://www.wimp.com/nailart/

Smitty

Bull****.

Literalists are _sooo_ fun to watch react. bseg

....I like your first post! ;0)

cg
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 11, 4:35*pm, " wrote:
Anybody with a sheet of plywood & a nail gun
wanna try this ?

http://www.wimp.com/nailart/

Smitty

Sorry. That's just horse s**t. Creative by horse s**t nonetheless.

But I do kinda wonder how they did it.

RonB

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 11, 5:35*pm, " wrote:
Anybody with a sheet of plywood & a nail gun
wanna try this ?

http://www.wimp.com/nailart/

Smitty

Used to call that weapon a Hollywood repeater.
Joe G
Posted to rec.woodworking
LdB LdB is offline

On 3/11/2010 4:35 PM, wrote:
Anybody with a sheet of plywood& a nail gun
wanna try this ?

http://www.wimp.com/nailart/

Smitty

Impossible. Nail guns do not have rifled barrels. The nails just
tumble through the air. Maybe one in ten would actually stick in the
plywood. As for accuracy you would be lucky to hit the plywood.

I have a couple of nail guns and have tried shooting them.

If your wondering why, a friend saw my Paslode cordless framer. He had
seen movies where they used the nailer as a gun. I bet him a box of
beer that it was BS and won. That being said you wouldn't want to be
standing in the line of fire. Those nails are really moving when they
come out of the nailers.

Likely all they did in the movie was to start with the finished
"picture" edit in a blank plywood sheet, then slowly edit the nails
back into view.

Reading this thread leads me to believe a few or you guys believe the
video. I guess P.T. Barnum was, there's a sucker born every minute.

If your still dumb enough to think "Duh! Da nails always go in
straight" then "Duh! Da range is less than an inch" about the length
of your perception.

LdB

Box of beer anyone?

LdB

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/11/2010 4:35 PM, wrote:
Anybody with a sheet of plywood& a nail gun
wanna try this ?

http://www.wimp.com/nailart/

Damn nice framing job!!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

RonB wrote in

oups.com:

On Mar 11, 4:35*pm, "
wrote:
Anybody with a sheet of plywood & a nail gun
wanna try this ?

http://www.wimp.com/nailart/

Smitty

Sorry. That's just horse s**t. Creative by horse s**t
nonetheless.

But I do kinda wonder how they did it.

RonB

Yeah, and at the 56-second point he continues to pull the
trigger even as he looks away to his left.

Ken

Posted to rec.woodworking

Ken Moffett wrote:

Sorry. That's just horse s**t. Creative by horse s**t
nonetheless.

But I do kinda wonder how they did it.

RonB

Yeah, and at the 56-second point he continues to pull the
trigger even as he looks away to his left.

He's REALLY good, isn't he?

nail gun fun? John Grossbohlin Woodworking 4 September 14th 07 05:02 AM
16 ga. nail gun pegleg Woodworking 13 December 10th 06 03:32 AM
Anyone used new B&Q 18V Nail gun? James UK diy 12 November 21st 06 10:03 PM
concrete nails/coil nail/roofing nail/umbrella nail Bruce Chow Home Repair 0 November 22nd 05 02:32 AM
Is there a difference btw a Finish nail gun and Brad nail gun? dteckie Woodworking 4 September 10th 04 12:03 PM