Posted to rec.woodworking

Default CNC

Current issue of MAKE Magazine is dedicated to desktop manufacturing,
including additive and subtractive systems. Worth a look if you don't have
the space or money for the Big Toys.

http://makezine.com/magazine/

Enjoy,
LD

Posted to rec.woodworking

"LDosser" wrote in message
Current issue of MAKE Magazine is dedicated to desktop manufacturing,
including additive and subtractive systems. Worth a look if you don't have
the space or money for the Big Toys.

http://makezine.com/magazine/

Desk top CNC can be really useful, and fun. I've been playing with a Taig
CNC mill for about two years now, and I am in the process of accumulating
parts to make a slightly bigger mill type machine, and a much bigger CNC
router.

I made awards, and done engraving mostly, but close fitting one piece carved
boxes and some custom parts in aluminum have also made the grade along with
a number of plate / template type parts.

My biggest problem is keeping track of all the G-Code files I've written or
created and keeping the good ones straight from the experimental ones. No
point in rewriting some of them each time. Just pull up my file folder and
select.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 11, 12:24*am, "LDosser" wrote:
Current issue of MAKE Magazine is dedicated to desktop manufacturing,
including additive and subtractive systems. Worth a look if you don't have
the space or money for the Big Toys.

http://makezine.com/magazine/

Enjoy,
LD

My next baby:

http://www.axyz.com/sys/router/4000/img/4000.jpg
Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:
On Mar 11, 12:24 am, "LDosser" wrote:
Current issue of MAKE Magazine is dedicated to desktop manufacturing,
including additive and subtractive systems. Worth a look if you
don't have the space or money for the Big Toys.

http://makezine.com/magazine/

Enjoy,
LD

My next baby:

http://www.axyz.com/sys/router/4000/img/4000.jpg

take pictures of the birthing process.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 11, 2:29*pm, "chaniarts"
wrote:
Robatoy wrote:
On Mar 11, 12:24 am, "LDosser" wrote:
Current issue of MAKE Magazine is dedicated to desktop manufacturing,
including additive and subtractive systems. Worth a look if you
don't have the space or money for the Big Toys.

http://makezine.com/magazine/

Enjoy,
LD

My next baby:

http://www.axyz.com/sys/router/4000/img/4000.jpg

take pictures of the birthing process.

You mean starting at the point where I give my wallet a spinal?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 11:14:11 -0800 (PST), the infamous Robatoy
scrawled the following:

On Mar 11, 12:24*am, "LDosser" wrote:
Current issue of MAKE Magazine is dedicated to desktop manufacturing,
including additive and subtractive systems. Worth a look if you don't have
the space or money for the Big Toys.

http://makezine.com/magazine/

Enjoy,
LD

My next baby:

http://www.axyz.com/sys/router/4000/img/4000.jpg

FIFTY SIX YEARS I've been waiting to say these words and actually mean
them: "Hey, cute baby!"

--
There is no such thing as limits to growth, because there are no limits
to the human capacity for intelligence, imagination, and wonder.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 18:15:41 -0800 (PST), the infamous Robatoy
scrawled the following:

On Mar 11, 8:58*pm, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 11:14:11 -0800 (PST), the infamous Robatoy
scrawled the following:

On Mar 11, 12:24*am, "LDosser" wrote:
Current issue of MAKE Magazine is dedicated to desktop manufacturing,
including additive and subtractive systems. Worth a look if you don't have
the space or money for the Big Toys.

http://makezine.com/magazine/

Enjoy,
LD

My next baby:

http://www.axyz.com/sys/router/4000/img/4000.jpg

FIFTY SIX YEARS I've been waiting to say these words and actually mean
them: *"Hey, cute baby!"

Gaga googoo *burp*

Sawdust burps on your shoulder are much nicer smelling and easier
cleaning than baby vomit, I'm sure.

--
There is no such thing as limits to growth, because there are no limits
to the human capacity for intelligence, imagination, and wonder.
--Ronald Reagan
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 18:56:49 -0800, the infamous "LDosser"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 22:02:36 -0800, the infamous "LDosser"
scrawled the following:
I just browse it at Powell's in Beaverton.

Bummer. That's a long drive for me from Grass Pants.

I think you'd probably class it as still in the arts and crafts thing -
cigar box guitar ...

OK, nothing missed. Great for dads with kids.