Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob La Londe Bob La Londe is offline

Default CNC

"LDosser" wrote in message
Current issue of MAKE Magazine is dedicated to desktop manufacturing,
including additive and subtractive systems. Worth a look if you don't have
the space or money for the Big Toys.

http://makezine.com/magazine/

Desk top CNC can be really useful, and fun. I've been playing with a Taig
CNC mill for about two years now, and I am in the process of accumulating
parts to make a slightly bigger mill type machine, and a much bigger CNC
router.

I made awards, and done engraving mostly, but close fitting one piece carved
boxes and some custom parts in aluminum have also made the grade along with
a number of plate / template type parts.

My biggest problem is keeping track of all the G-Code files I've written or
created and keeping the good ones straight from the experimental ones. No
point in rewriting some of them each time. Just pull up my file folder and
select.