Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Oak for trade

I aquired some oak (don't know what kind) over the weekend and
don't have any use for it but I hate to see it go to waste. I
have 5 pieces total. List below...

1pc - 3 3/4 x 7 x 30
2pc - 3 1/2 x 7 x 42
2pc - 3 x 3 x 40

These are not perfect but I'm sure you could get 4 "large" legs,
or perhaps a table pedastal out of them. Anyone in the DFW area
interested in trading? I'll entertain anything worthwhile,
tools, other hardwoods, etc. Make me an offer.

Larry

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , Larry wrote:
I aquired some oak (don't know what kind) over the weekend

Nobody really cares much about the exact species, only whether it's red oak or
white oak. Every red oak species has pretty much the same physical
characteristics and appearance as every other; ditto white oak.

How to tell the difference, method 1: wet the end of a board, and smell it.
Wet white oak smells like vanilla and toast. Wet red oak smells like cat ****.

How to tell the difference, method 2: look at the end of a board. Red oak has
visible open pores. White oak does not.

How to tell the difference, method 3: suck on the end of a board like it was a
soda straw. You can draw air through red oak, but not through white.

cap-and-trade William Wixon Metalworking 0 July 27th 09 04:58 PM
B&Q Trade Day The Medway Handyman UK diy 1 July 23rd 07 09:18 PM
enzhou Taitong import & export trade Co., Ltd. is a stock-company specializing in the import & export trade that approved by the Ministry of Foreign Economic Relations and Trade of People's Republic of China. The company registered capital is [email protected] UK diy 6 August 15th 06 01:46 AM
FS or trade max Woodworking 0 January 8th 05 12:34 AM
OT - Take it out in trade Phil Crow Woodworking 9 January 8th 04 01:17 AM