Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Two parties

On Mon, 1 Feb 2010 20:48:57 -0800, the infamous "CW"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On 01 Feb 2010 14:18:41 GMT, the infamous Han
scrawled the following:

Swingman wrote in news:foKdnS-
:

On 2/1/2010 7:55 AM, Han wrote:

I agree, good for you, CW!
But I hesitate to think what would have happened if the slimebag had
had
a gun.

In a word: "training" ... the single most important factor.

It is a sure bet that CW was well trained to deal with many situations
as part of his qualification for a concealed handgun license, the
slimebag, most likely not.

Training won't guarantee a good outcome, but it increases the
likelihood.

Frightening for this coward ...

Han, would you rather not have -any- chance at saving your own (or
someone else's) life? Which is truly scarier? Bad guys kill and rape
people (both men and women) all the time. Wouldn't you rather have a
fighting chance when you meet one of them?

When I lived in California, 80 miles from HelL.A., I was very much
anti-handgun. Then a friend urged me to do the research on it. To my
extreme surprise, I found that the stats were all fudged up. The
Powers That Be include _suicides_ in handgun deaths and don't exclude
gang killings, which is probably the highest percentage (though I've
never seen the stats on that.) I ended up enjoying time at the range
and later got licensed. They have machine gun shoots twice a year and
I got to feel, hear, and shoot both M-16s and AK-47s on full auto and
single/burst modes. That's a real hoot. The AK had a 90-round drum on
it. very big grin

Try a 50 caliber belt fed BMG (Browning machine gun) sometime. Extremly
expensive to shoot. The army picked up the tab for me. Also for the pistol
and rifle training.

That's why I didn't shoot the Ma Deuce. A 10 y/o boy was having a
grand old time on a big old sled of a gun (like Henry Bowman's cute
little Lahti) while his dad went into hock.

--
Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire,
you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will.

Two parties Mike Marlow[_2_] Woodworking 60 February 12th 10 12:47 AM
Two parties Upscale Woodworking 2 February 4th 10 05:31 AM
Two parties Steve[_52_] Woodworking 0 February 4th 10 12:27 AM
Two parties Upscale Woodworking 1 February 2nd 10 08:04 PM
Two parties CW[_5_] Woodworking 0 February 2nd 10 06:27 PM