Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Two parties

"Han" wrote in message

Guns should not be in the hands of irresponsible/criminal people in urban
areas. period. I believe you all would agree. How to prevent this is
the problem. In my honest opinion, sales by dealers/distributors to
dubious characters should be punishable. Bloomberg et al indeed try to
move the "culprit" label further up the supply chain, but then, there is
no evidence of gun manufacturers or distributors to help prevent the guns
from ending up in the wrong hands. Until gun
manufacturers/distributors/dealers make real honest efforts to prevent
guns from ending up in the wrong hands, I am in favor of trying to
prevent the initial gun sales. AND OF COURSE, real good penalties for
the miscreants who buy and use them illegally.

Assigning the blame on those not responsible will continue to do nothing to
fix the problem. This country did not have the problems it has with gangs
today, throughout its history. What things were different then? What
really needs to change? Looking for easy ways out of hard problems by
trying to push them on the shoulders of unrelated parties will do one
thing - it will perpetuate the problem.

--

-Mike-

Two parties Upscale Woodworking 2 February 4th 10 05:31 AM
Two parties Upscale Woodworking 1 February 2nd 10 08:04 PM
Two parties chaniarts Woodworking 0 February 2nd 10 07:36 PM
Two parties CW[_5_] Woodworking 0 February 2nd 10 06:27 PM
Two parties J. Clarke Woodworking 0 February 2nd 10 03:26 PM