Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Passwords

"Robatoy" wrote

A password like mine: HHffrT56 is much harder to figure out and will
remain a secret forever.

And what's your bank account number please?

Jeff, only joking!

--
Jeff Gorman, West Yorkshire, UK
email : Username is amgron

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Jeff Gorman" wrote in message

The deal is if you require passwords that are to easy they can be hacked
easily. If you require complex passwords the easiest way to get into a
system is to look for the sticky note with the passwords on it. To prove
that point at a investment company I was consulting at, the head of network
security went around after hours and took all of the sticky notes of of the
monitors. Most people could not login to the systems the next morning until
they saw him.

What I learned is to use a sentence or a saying and create the password from
it.

I live at 51 Main Street Boston MA - Il@51MSBMA

or Debbie and Sue and Donna are my daughters names - D&S&Damdn

Larry C

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 08:51:17 -0000, the infamous "Jeff Gorman"
scrawled the following:

"Robatoy" wrote

A password like mine: HHffrT56 is much harder to figure out and will
remain a secret forever.

And what's your bank account number please?

Jeff, only joking!

You're such a nice lad, Jeff, I'm only too glad to oblige:

Social Security number
Bank account number
Bank pin number
Bank name and address

123-45-6789

32/1127-1234567890

1234

First Bank of Nigeria
1 Teslim Balogun Stadium Rd
Lagos, Nigeria

Thank you! Please send my $27,000,000 today!

--
The greatest fine art of the future will be the making
of a comfortable living from a small piece of land.