Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry C[_2_] Larry C[_2_] is offline

Default Passwords

"Jeff Gorman" wrote in message

The deal is if you require passwords that are to easy they can be hacked
easily. If you require complex passwords the easiest way to get into a
system is to look for the sticky note with the passwords on it. To prove
that point at a investment company I was consulting at, the head of network
security went around after hours and took all of the sticky notes of of the
monitors. Most people could not login to the systems the next morning until
they saw him.

What I learned is to use a sentence or a saying and create the password from
it.

I live at 51 Main Street Boston MA - Il@51MSBMA

or Debbie and Sue and Donna are my daughters names - D&S&Damdn

Larry C