Posted to rec.woodworking

Default ON topic: Verrreeeeee eeeenterestingggg

That's cool.
..
..
..
Anybody try this yet?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 9, 6:09*pm, Robatoy wrote:
That's cool.
.
.
.
Anybody try this yet?

What if I included the URL, eh? Eh? EH??

http://www.lamello.com/en/downloads/...iten/fixo.html
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
On Jan 9, 6:09 pm, Robatoy wrote:
That's cool.
.
.
.
Anybody try this yet?

What if I included the URL, eh? Eh? EH??

http://www.lamello.com/en/downloads/...iten/fixo.html

Good idea. I can see where that could be very useful.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/9/2010 5:10 PM, Robatoy wrote:
On Jan 9, 6:09 pm, wrote:
That's cool.
.
.
.
Anybody try this yet?

What if I included the URL, eh? Eh? EH??

http://www.lamello.com/en/downloads/...iten/fixo.html

Butt ugly, but damn effective. But, how many times do you need to make a
mitered corner with construction lumber?

Kinda reminds me of those ubiquitous corner fasteners my grandfather
used to use to fix window screens, on steroids.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 9, 7:33*pm, Swingman wrote:
On 1/9/2010 5:10 PM, Robatoy wrote:

On Jan 9, 6:09 pm, *wrote:
That's cool.
.
.
.

http://www.lamello.com/en/downloads/...neuheiten/fixo...

Butt ugly, but damn effective. But, how many times do you need to make a
mitered corner with construction lumber?

Kinda reminds me of those ubiquitous corner fasteners my grandfather
used to use to fix window screens, on steroids.

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
KarlC@ (the obvious)

I think it would work okay with hardwoods.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 9, 6:09*pm, Robatoy wrote:
That's cool.
.
.
.
Anybody try this yet?

Very cool. What are they made of?
Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:

On Jan 9, 6:09Â*pm, Robatoy wrote:
That's cool.
.
.
.
Anybody try this yet?

What if I included the URL, eh? Eh? EH??

http://www.lamello.com/en/downloads/...iten/fixo.html

I could have used that last week. Very cool. I suppose the lamello
biscuits won't work with Porter Cable biscuit joiners, will they?

Rob Leatham

Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:

On Jan 9, 7:33Â*pm, Swingman wrote:
On 1/9/2010 5:10 PM, Robatoy wrote:

On Jan 9, 6:09 pm, Â*wrote:
That's cool.
.
.
.
Anybody try this yet?

What if I included the URL, eh? Eh? EH??

http://www.lamello.com/en/downloads/...neuheiten/fixo...

Butt ugly, but damn effective. But, how many times do you need to make a
mitered corner with construction lumber?

Kinda reminds me of those ubiquitous corner fasteners my grandfather
used to use to fix window screens, on steroids.

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
KarlC@ (the obvious)

I think it would work okay with hardwoods.

I'm building a game console to go in our son's room, nothing very fancy,
just some cherry trim and cherry plywood with a laminate top to match his
desktop (which right now has become a game table with a small portable TV on
it (he does his homework in the kitchen so he can pester my wife or myself
with how hard it is and how much help he needs. :-) This would have been
very handy for both the mitered top frame and the miters on the console
base. The biscuits would not be visible and the clamping and pulling the
pieces together would do much better than the in the ends of the frames

Rob Leatham

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 9, 11:36*pm, Mark & Juanita wrote:
Robatoy wrote:
On Jan 9, 6:09*pm, Robatoy wrote:
That's cool.
.
.
.
Anybody try this yet?

What if I included the URL, eh? Eh? EH??

http://www.lamello.com/en/downloads/...neuheiten/fixo...

* I could have used that last week. *Very cool. *I suppose the lamello
biscuits won't work with Porter Cable biscuit joiners, will they?

Rob Leatham

The flyer which I received in the mail, had the URL in the review.
They claim any biscuit joiner will work.
here's a bit more.
http://www.lamello.com/uploads/media/Fixo_eng.pdf
Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:

On Jan 9, 11:36Â*pm, Mark & Juanita wrote:
Robatoy wrote:
On Jan 9, 6:09Â*pm, Robatoy wrote:
That's cool.
.
.
.
Anybody try this yet?

What if I included the URL, eh? Eh? EH??

http://www.lamello.com/en/downloads/...neuheiten/fixo...

I could have used that last week. Â*Very cool. Â*I suppose the lamello
biscuits won't work with Porter Cable biscuit joiners, will they?

Rob Leatham

The flyer which I received in the mail, had the URL in the review.
They claim any biscuit joiner will work.
here's a bit more.
http://www.lamello.com/uploads/media/Fixo_eng.pdf

Thanks. Definitely going to look into that.

Rob Leatham

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
That's cool.
.
.
.
Anybody try this yet?

I think I have a better solution....the Domino.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 10, 12:25*pm, "Leon" wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote in message

That's cool.
.
.
.
Anybody try this yet?

I think I have a better solution....the Domino.

But you're still clamping.
This is for Q&D work, not fine furniture.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
On Jan 10, 12:25 pm, "Leon" wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote in message

That's cool.
.
.
.
Anybody try this yet?

I think I have a better solution....the Domino.

But you're still clamping.
This is for Q&D work, not fine furniture.

Yeah that is true but I have to justify the cost of the Domino,,,, just like
Lamello is coming up with ways to justify payinf mor for their product..
LOL.

Seriousely though I have made a dozen or so picture frames and used the Kreg
jig and pocket hole screws to fasten the corners. I made the frame
material, 2 pieces, in to long moldings after staining each of the 2 pieces
different colors.

Luckily no tear out in the miters so no touch was needed and the pocket
holes closed the miters perfectly.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/4262567565/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/4262567669/

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/10/2010 12:19 PM, Leon wrote:

Yeah that is true but I have to justify the cost of the Domino,,,, just like
Lamello is coming up with ways to justify payinf mor for their product..

Just watched TOH and Tommy was using a Domino to make his built-in
bookcase carcases.

They were also using a Delta line boring machine to do the adjustable
shelf pin holes ... eatcherheartout, viewers!

I tuned in late, but didn't see any Festool ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 10, 1:19*pm, "Leon" wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote in message

On Jan 10, 12:25 pm, "Leon" wrote:

"Robatoy" wrote in message

That's cool.
.
.
.
Anybody try this yet?

I think I have a better solution....the Domino.

But you're still clamping.
This is for Q&D work, not fine furniture.

Yeah that is true but I have to justify the cost of the Domino,,,, just like
Lamello is coming up with ways to justify payinf mor for their product..
LOL.

Seriousely though I have made a dozen or so picture frames and used the Kreg
jig and pocket hole screws to fasten the corners. *I made the frame
material, 2 pieces, in to long moldings after staining each of the 2 pieces
different colors.

Luckily no tear out in the miters so no touch was needed and the pocket
holes closed the miters perfectly.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/4262567565/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/4262567669/

Just did a price check. So far... 50 cents apiece. Sooo. that little
demo they did, the 4 flat miters and the 4 butt miters. $ 8.00.
That still makes it Quick & Dirty, but not Cheap & Dirty.
Hell, I can throw a band clamp on for $ 4.00.. or as you suggested,
use the Kreg.
Those Lamello *******s....

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 10, 1:25*pm, Swingman wrote:
On 1/10/2010 12:19 PM, Leon wrote:

Yeah that is true but I have to justify the cost of the Domino,,,, just like
Lamello is coming up with ways to justify payinf mor for their product...

Just watched TOH and Tommy was using a Domino to make his built-in
bookcase carcases.

They were also using a Delta line boring machine to do the adjustable
shelf pin holes ... eatcherheartout, viewers!

I tuned in late, but didn't see any Festool ...

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
KarlC@ (the obvious)

The Domino would be a nice fit for my shop. So would a nice powerful
bread-dough mixer for the house. *S* That's a fun hobby so far.
Annnd, as with most hobbies, there's this lunatic fringe which has
quite a presence on the net.
I'm hoping this interest of mine fades. (Butter pecan raisin loaf is
NOT low-cal)....(but farking awesome!!!)
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message
On 1/10/2010 12:19 PM, Leon wrote:

Yeah that is true but I have to justify the cost of the Domino,,,, just
like
Lamello is coming up with ways to justify payinf mor for their product..

Just watched TOH and Tommy was using a Domino to make his built-in
bookcase carcases.

They were also using a Delta line boring machine to do the adjustable
shelf pin holes ... eatcherheartout, viewers!

I tuned in late, but didn't see any Festool ...

I have seen them using "your" saw in the las couple of weeks.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 10, 1:29*pm, Robatoy wrote:
On Jan 10, 1:19*pm, "Leon" wrote:

"Robatoy" wrote in message

On Jan 10, 12:25 pm, "Leon" wrote:

"Robatoy" wrote in message

That's cool.
.
.
.
[...]

Those Lamello *******s....- Hide quoted text -

The Paslode corrrugated nailer will do that mitering task for about
$0.25 and quite a bit faster.
Joe G
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/10/10 1:19 PM, "Leon" wrote:

"Robatoy" wrote in message
On Jan 10, 12:25 pm, "Leon" wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote in message

That's cool.
.
.
.
Anybody try this yet?

I think I have a better solution....the Domino.

But you're still clamping.
This is for Q&D work, not fine furniture.

Yeah that is true but I have to justify the cost of the Domino,,,, just like
Lamello is coming up with ways to justify payinf mor for their product..

The difference is that the Lamello self-clamping biscuits can be used with
just about any biscuit slot cutter. You don't have to buy their expensive
tool.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 10, 2:17*pm, GROVER wrote:
On Jan 10, 1:29*pm, Robatoy wrote:

On Jan 10, 1:19*pm, "Leon" wrote:

"Robatoy" wrote in message

On Jan 10, 12:25 pm, "Leon" wrote:

"Robatoy" wrote in message

That's cool.
.
.
.
[...]

I have one, but it is very crude in its execution. It actually works
on the same principle. Doing what they did in the video with a Paslode
would have had splinters flying everywhere and I'm not sure the butt-
mitre would have worked at all.
The Paslode sure has its place in a countertop shop though. BTW, $
0.01 per fastener is more like it. I bought 4000 for 43.00 US$.
Effective, but crude. Real crude. Those fasteners enter the work-piece
with the force of a small sledgehammer.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote in
:

Just watched TOH and Tommy was using a Domino to make his built-in
bookcase carcases.

They were also using a Delta line boring machine to do the adjustable
shelf pin holes ... eatcherheartout, viewers!

I tuned in late, but didn't see any Festool ...

Looked like they were using the KPAX CMS in the same room painting was
happening, but perhaps that was before the line boring machine.

Puckdropper
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robert Haar" wrote in message
On 1/10/10 1:19 PM, "Leon" wrote:

The difference is that the Lamello self-clamping biscuits can be used with
just about any biscuit slot cutter. You don't have to buy their expensive
tool.

You don't have to have a Domino to cut mortises for floating tennons either.
But what fun would that be? :~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

Y'know, just once here on the Wreck, it would be nice to see that
someone had spent the grand on the bloody tool, done the work on the
pieces, and then actually got the spelling of the damned joint right
when gloating. Just _once_! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

"Tenon" has just two Ns in it!

There. I feel better.

Tinin. there... Happy! ;~)

I is not uh a good speller. I will make no escuses fer dat. But I will
blam my spellin checker. May be had I spended $1000 on the Domino cutter
tool enstead of $750 I wood be a more gooder speller.

I feeeel mucho beder tooo.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 9, 6:10*pm, Robatoy wrote:
That's cool.
Anybody try this yet?

http://www.lamello.com/en/downloads/...neuheiten/fixo...

There is something just wrong about using an overpriced and patented
piece of plastic in a biscuit joint. For pete's sake, clamping isn't
that difficult. I suspect that the cost of those plastic bits from
Lamello is going to add up pretty quickly for volume work. For low
volume and one-off pieces, the overhead of clamping is better than the
hassle of dealing with yet another tool in the shop.

I think that most of us will admit that we're better off learning how
to adapt a smaller number of tools and techniques to a large number of
applications than try to use the "perfect" tool and technique for each
time. For one, it cuts down on the cost of tools. But more
importantly, it lets us concentrate on mastering our techniques.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 12, 10:00*am, Keith Hanlan wrote:

[common sense snipped]

yet another tool in the shop.

*gasp* Yes... annnnd????

I think that most of us will admit that we're better off learning how
to adapt a smaller number of tools and techniques to a large number of
applications than try to use the "perfect" tool and technique for each
time. .

Yabbut...yabbut....

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:

Luckily no tear out in the miters so no touch was needed and the pocket
holes closed the miters perfectly.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/4262567565/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/4262567669/

those are coming up as removed :-(
--
replace spamblock with my family name to e-mail me
Pics at http://www.meekings.net/diving/index.shtml

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Jerome Meekings" wrote in message
Leon wrote:

Luckily no tear out in the miters so no touch was needed and the pocket
holes closed the miters perfectly.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/4262567565/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/4262567669/

those are coming up as removed :-(

Sorry those were less than desirable pictures and I removed them last night.
I could email you the jpg's if you like, request via e-mail.

Off Topic FAQ cavelamb himself[_4_] Metalworking 0 October 14th 07 05:08 AM
Just a bit off topic Kevin Woodturning 0 April 26th 07 07:03 PM
off topic Maurice Hood UK diy 5 July 2nd 06 07:56 AM
How can I...... On topic... Searcher Woodworking 19 February 9th 06 04:19 AM
new topic, off topic, about new topics [email protected] Woodworking 0 March 27th 05 02:05 PM