Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Band Saw Gloat

New in box Delta BS 14" (3/4 HP) from Lowes, $150. Achieved following in
the footsteps of a friend via a "talkative" price match.
I'm not really gloating, I'm just REALLY HAPPY about it! : ) When my dad
and I used to go fishing, we used to joke that we always heard, "You should
have been here last week...". This is pleasantly different than that.

Best,
Bill

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Bill" wrote in message

New in box Delta BS 14" (3/4 HP) from Lowes, $150. Achieved following in
the footsteps of a friend via a "talkative" price match.
I'm not really gloating, I'm just REALLY HAPPY about it! : ) When my dad
and I used to go fishing, we used to joke that we always heard, "You
should have been here last week...". This is pleasantly different than
that.

Best,
Bill

Good find, I paid more than that for a resaw blade form my Laguna.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/9/2010 7:29 PM, Leon wrote:
wrote in message

New in box Delta BS 14" (3/4 HP) from Lowes, $150.

Good find, I paid more than that for a resaw blade form my Laguna.

A "drive-by", if I ever saw one!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 9, 8:55*pm, Swingman wrote:
On 1/9/2010 7:29 PM, Leon wrote:

*wrote in message
New in box Delta BS 14" (3/4 HP) from Lowes, $150.

Good find, I paid more than that for a resaw blade form my Laguna.

A "drive-by", if I ever saw one! *

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
KarlC@ (the obvious)

Nicely done though. Just the right touch of "nah, nah", but not
overly done. :^)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/9/2010 7:29 PM, Leon wrote:

wrote in message
New in box Delta BS 14" (3/4 HP) from Lowes, $150.

Good find, I paid more than that for a resaw blade form my Laguna.

A "drive-by", if I ever saw one!

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
KarlC@ (the obvious)

Nicely done though. Just the right touch of "nah, nah", but not
overly done. :^)

Actually I was really just indicating what a good buy he got... The Laguna
ResawKing blade is sold by the inch, for 1-1/4" blades the price was $1.25
per inch and I use 150" blades... It is a great blade....as well it should
be.

But a NEW Delta 14" BS for $150, that is a great deal.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/9/2010 7:29 PM, Leon wrote:

wrote in message
New in box Delta BS 14" (3/4 HP) from Lowes, $150.
Good find, I paid more than that for a resaw blade form my Laguna.

A "drive-by", if I ever saw one!

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
KarlC@ (the obvious)

Nicely done though. Just the right touch of "nah, nah", but not
overly done. :^)

Actually I was really just indicating what a good buy he got... The
Laguna ResawKing blade is sold by the inch, for 1-1/4" blades the price
was $1.25 per inch and I use 150" blades... It is a great blade....as
well it should be.

But a NEW Delta 14" BS for $150, that is a great deal.

(As you may know) Lowes is in the process of switching out their Delta tools
to PC tools,
which is related to how I got a clearance price. I tried to get even a
"decent deal" on the
Delta 16.5" DP (regular price is $379) but my local Lowes won't budge yet (I
needed to
drive to a different city to get the BS for $150). Anyone familiar with
the quality of that DP?
To me, the brand "Delta" represents a pretty level of quality which probably
exceeds my
needs as a hobbyist, but it may be a bit naive of me to think that way.

Best,
Bill