Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Irish89

Default HELP! Problems with changing blade on surface planer

I have a 12" Delta Surface Planer (No. 22-540). I am having major
problems loosing the screws (actually the nuts) which hold the blade in
place on one side.

I had no problems loosening the nuts on one side, flipping the blade
over and tightening everything back down. When I started on the second
blade, two of the nuts wouldn't budge. Unfortunately, while attempting
to loosen them, the nuts rounded over and now nothing will loosen them.
My most recent attempt was to soak it in WD-40 for a little bit, then to
go crazy on it with a small visegrip. Still no luck.

As you may know it's nearly impossible to get a good angle on these nuts
because they are down in the channel where the blade is located.

Has anyone else ever encountered this problem, or have a flash of
brilliance which will bail me out?

Thanks.

Paul Kane