Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cute tool

I never thought I'd own a cute tool. But my wife bought me one of these:

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...at=1,230,41182

A 2 1/2" shoulder plane!

Well, I sharpened it up with some Shapton glasstones, and the plane
now cuts shavings so thin, I can see through it. This is awesome!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 29, 5:27*pm, Maxwell Lol wrote:
I never thought I'd own a cute tool. But my wife bought me one of these:

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...at=1,230,41182

* * * * A 2 1/2" shoulder plane!

Well, I sharpened it up with some Shapton glasstones, and the plane
now cuts shavings so thin, I can see through it. This is awesome!

NIce tool - and nice drive-by with the Shaptons!
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Maxwell Lol" wrote in message
I never thought I'd own a cute tool. But my wife bought me one of these:

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...at=1,230,41182

A 2 1/2" shoulder plane!

Well, I sharpened it up with some Shapton glasstones, and the plane
now cuts shavings so thin, I can see through it. This is awesome!

Ahhhhhh..., how cute.

I like the little box it comes in. It almost looks like a jewelery box.

Where do you see using this?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Where do you see using this?

I see me cleaning out 1/4" dadoes and cleaning up little tenons, like
in a model trebochet.

-Zz
Posted to rec.woodworking

Maxwell Lol wrote:
I never thought I'd own a cute tool. But my wife bought me one of
these:

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...at=1,230,41182

A 2 1/2" shoulder plane!

Well, I sharpened it up with some Shapton glasstones, and the plane
now cuts shavings so thin, I can see through it. This is awesome!

Nice. You'll love it, I'm sure.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Maxwell Lol wrote:

I never thought I'd own a cute tool. But my wife bought me one of these:

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...at=1,230,41182

A 2 1/2" shoulder plane!

Well, I sharpened it up with some Shapton glasstones, and the plane
now cuts shavings so thin, I can see through it. This is awesome!

Cool! I want one. I can certainly see where this could be useful
cleaning up or adjusting narrow dadoes and other places where a full-size
shoulder plane just won't fit.

Rob Leatham

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
m...
Maxwell Lol wrote:

I never thought I'd own a cute tool. But my wife bought me one of these:

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...at=1,230,41182

A 2 1/2" shoulder plane!

Well, I sharpened it up with some Shapton glasstones, and the plane
now cuts shavings so thin, I can see through it. This is awesome!

Cool! I want one. I can certainly see where this could be useful
cleaning up or adjusting narrow dadoes and other places where a full-size
shoulder plane just won't fit.

That was my first thought after seeing it. Tight spaces.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Somebody Wrote:

I never thought I'd own a cute tool.

Really?

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 23:11:16 -0800, the infamous "CW"
scrawled the following:

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
om...
Maxwell Lol wrote:

I never thought I'd own a cute tool. But my wife bought me one of these:

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...at=1,230,41182

A 2 1/2" shoulder plane!

Well, I sharpened it up with some Shapton glasstones, and the plane
now cuts shavings so thin, I can see through it. This is awesome!

Cool! I want one. I can certainly see where this could be useful
cleaning up or adjusting narrow dadoes and other places where a full-size
shoulder plane just won't fit.

That was my first thought after seeing it. Tight spaces.

They also have miniature spokeshaves (got a set) and luthier planes.
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...81&cat=1,50230
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...80&cat=1,41182
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...32&cat=1,41182

I've used a small scrap of sheet steel as a scraper in a tight situ.

--
It's a shallow life that doesn't give a person a few scars.
-- Garrison Keillor
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" writes:

Somebody Wrote:

I never thought I'd own a cute tool.

Really?

You have to wait for the ladies to tell you it's cute, or it doesn't
count.