Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Dining room table & chairs

Just finished my last project. Dining room table and chairs. Posted on abpw.

Have never built a chair before. What an interesting challenge. Used loose
tenon construction and had every individual piece of wood marked.

Table is 8/4 red oak with mahogany stain to darken it a bit. Urethane top
coat. Glass is 3/8 smoked plate glass. Table is 44x60.

I really had fun building this and got to use several tools that I haven't
used much, like a spokeshave and bull nose plane.

I bought a little gadget called MortisePal and it made cutting the mortises
in the table and chairs a snap. Just set it and rout out the mortise. Fast
and accurate. For anyone who is challenged by mortise & tenon joinery, this
little jig is well worth the cost.

Vic

--
There are 10 kinds of people - those who understand binary and those who
don't