Posted to rec.woodworking
Dick Snyder[_5_] Dick Snyder[_5_] is offline

Default Dining room table & chairs

"Vic Baron" wrote in message
Just finished my last project. Dining room table and chairs. Posted on
abpw.

Have never built a chair before. What an interesting challenge. Used loose
tenon construction and had every individual piece of wood marked.

Table is 8/4 red oak with mahogany stain to darken it a bit. Urethane top
coat. Glass is 3/8 smoked plate glass. Table is 44x60.

I really had fun building this and got to use several tools that I haven't
used much, like a spokeshave and bull nose plane.

I bought a little gadget called MortisePal and it made cutting the
mortises in the table and chairs a snap. Just set it and rout out the
mortise. Fast and accurate. For anyone who is challenged by mortise &
tenon joinery, this little jig is well worth the cost.

Vic

Very nice work Vic. How many mortises? I guess I wouldn't have wanted to do
all of those with my drill press and chisel!
Dick

--
There are 10 kinds of people - those who understand binary and those who
don't