Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Jet Dust Collector Remotes

A question...do ALL Jet dust collectors that use remotes use the SAME
remote?

TMT
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
A question...do ALL Jet dust collectors that use remotes use the SAME
remote?

TMT

I wonder who here may have more than one remote control dust collector from
Jet.

I would have to guess that they all use the same IR remote however a call to
Jet would answer the question with more authority.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
A question...do ALL Jet dust collectors that use remotes use the SAME
remote?

TMT

No each one has its own. Passing one remote around was rather awkward at
times, especially when Leon had a big project and did not want to share.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
A question...do ALL Jet dust collectors that use remotes use the SAME
remote?

TMT

Don't know about that, but I can tell you that my Jet AFS-1000 (overhead air
filtration system) and my Grizzly G0440 (cyclone dust collector) both use the
same remote (with a different logo, of course). Either remote will activate
either machine, and as far as I can tell neither can be reprogrammed, which is
really kinda maddening...

--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
A question...do ALL Jet dust collectors that use remotes use the SAME
remote?

TMT

No each one has its own. Passing one remote around was rather awkward at
times, especially when Leon had a big project and did not want to share.

And I was getting really, really tired of my collector going on and off
on its own was what I was going to complain of w/ the "one remote"
solution...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 14, 6:49*pm, "Leon" wrote:
"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message

A question...do ALL Jet dust collectors that use remotes use the SAME
remote?

TMT

I wonder who here may have more than one remote control dust collector from
Jet.

I would have to guess that they all use the same IR remote however a call to
Jet would answer the question with more authority.

Thanks for the response.

I do know that some Jet remotes are RF not IR...like a garage
opener...so one does not need line of sight to activate the collector.

TMT
Posted to rec.woodworking

Thanks for the response.

I do know that some Jet remotes are RF not IR...like a garage
opener...so one does not need line of sight to activate the collector.

TMT

FIY Mine is IR and while that is a line of sight thing, for me it is not as
picky as say a TV IR remote.
My DC faces the center of the shop and sets on a light colored concrete
floor. Typically just pointing in the general area is good enough to
control the DC. Sometimes I can aim and bounce off of a near by light
colored object.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 15, 1:33*pm, "Leon" wrote:
"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message

Thanks for the response.

I do know that some Jet remotes are RF not IR...like a garage
opener...so one does not need line of sight to activate the collector.

TMT

FIY Mine is IR and while that is a line of sight thing, for me it is not as
picky as say a TV IR remote.
My DC faces the center of the shop and sets on a light colored concrete
floor. *Typically just pointing in the general area is good enough to
control the DC. *Sometimes I can aim and bounce off of a near by light
colored object.

Thanks for the info.

Just the fact that you have an IR and the one I am looking at is RF
answers my question..they are different.

Thanks

TMT