Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Antique Hardware

I am refinishing an old tool chest that had a brass latch and key. Any
ideas on where I can look for a replacement? Failing that, any
suggestions for cleaning up the old one? Thanks
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
Daniel Palmer wrote:
I am refinishing an old tool chest that had a brass latch and key. Any
ideas on where I can look for a replacement? Failing that, any
suggestions for cleaning up the old one? Thanks

Cleaning is no biggie -- accomplished with NOXON, or BRASSO, and judicious
amounts of elbow grease in combination with tincture of time.

a google (or froogle -- www.froogle.com) search for 'antique brass chest
hardware' should provide some vendor sources.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robert Bonomi" wrote:

Cleaning is no biggie -- accomplished with NOXON, or BRASSO, and
judicious
amounts of elbow grease in combination with tincture of time.

Brasso is a winner followed by a couple of coats of spray lacquer.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Daniel Palmer" wrote in message
I am refinishing an old tool chest that had a brass latch and key. Any
ideas on where I can look for a replacement? Failing that, any
suggestions for cleaning up the old one? Thanks

Vandykes.com ?

Ace Hardware HeyBub[_3_] Home Repair 39 January 8th 09 08:30 PM
Antique Reproduction Hardware [email protected] Home Ownership 0 June 23rd 05 02:51 PM
Antique Reproduction Hardware [email protected] Woodworking 0 June 23rd 05 02:48 PM
Antique oak Jeff and Jennifer Cook Woodworking 2 January 7th 05 04:33 AM