Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Trying to find an email address for John White who writes for FWW

Does anyone know of a way to find an email address for John White? He lives
in Rochester, VT and I found a phone number but I don't want to bother him.
He wrote an article in the most recent FWW regarding a miter saw stand. I
won't get into my whole question here because my miter saw is the same as
the one in his article and my question is specific to that miter saw.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 15:21:08 -0500, "Dick Snyder"
wrote:

Does anyone know of a way to find an email address for John White? He
lives
in Rochester, VT and I found a phone number but I don't want to bother
him.
He wrote an article in the most recent FWW regarding a miter saw stand. I
won't get into my whole question here because my miter saw is the same as
the one in his article and my question is specific to that miter saw.

Contact the magazine and ask them to forward your message.

I had done that already but I am not optimistic anything will happen. Maybe
someone on the group knows how to contact him.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 18:26:51 -0500, the infamous "Dick Snyder"
scrawled the following:

.. .
wrote:

Does anyone know of a way to find an email address for John White? He
lives
in Rochester, VT and I found a phone number but I don't want to bother
him.
He wrote an article in the most recent FWW regarding a miter saw stand. I
won't get into my whole question here because my miter saw is the same as
the one in his article and my question is specific to that miter saw.

Contact the magazine and ask them to forward your message.

I had done that already but I am not optimistic anything will happen. Maybe
someone on the group knows how to contact him.

If you have the phone number, why not call? He migh be thrilled to
become a "star".

--
To know what you prefer instead of humbly saying Amen
to what the world tells you you ought to prefer,
Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Dick Snyder wrote:
Does anyone know of a way to find an email address for John White? He lives
in Rochester, VT and I found a phone number but I don't want to bother him.
He wrote an article in the most recent FWW regarding a miter saw stand. I
won't get into my whole question here because my miter saw is the same as
the one in his article and my question is specific to that miter saw.

Would that be the John White that used to be the shop manager for them?
If so, I think he partakes in one or more of their forums.

IIRC, FWW at least used to suggest you could contact authors via e-mail
thru them; perhaps that's been a long time ago now; I don't have an
issue at hand to look at as a reminder...

Posted to rec.woodworking

"dpb" wrote in message
Dick Snyder wrote:
Does anyone know of a way to find an email address for John White? He
lives in Rochester, VT and I found a phone number but I don't want to
bother him. He wrote an article in the most recent FWW regarding a miter
saw stand. I won't get into my whole question here because my miter saw
is the same as the one in his article and my question is specific to that
miter saw.

Would that be the John White that used to be the shop manager for them? If
so, I think he partakes in one or more of their forums.

IIRC, FWW at least used to suggest you could contact authors via e-mail
thru them; perhaps that's been a long time ago now; I don't have an issue
at hand to look at as a reminder...

--

I think that is the same John White. I have not seen anything from him in
this forum. Google lets you search news groups and the only hits in this

I have done two things. Before making this posting I put my question to him
(hopefully) thru the FWW website.

I googled him and found a likely telephone number and address in Vermont. I
didn't want to just call him out of the blue so I wrote a letter to the John
White at that address asking my question (and if it isn't the correct John
White to be so kind as to email me and let me know).

If I have any luck I will add to this posting

Put a fake email address to avoid spam ¦¦¦SHAD0W¦¦¦ Electronics 4 August 15th 06 04:23 PM
change of email address raden UK diy 18 January 30th 05 10:53 AM
Need to contact Paul Hardy. Lost his Email address again RWatson767 Metalworking 1 January 13th 05 03:14 PM
email address for OT poster Rich Andrews Woodworking 0 October 1st 03 07:58 AM