Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default 220 V table saws and ground

I realize this isn't exactly a woodworking question, but when I asked
about 220 V wiring for my shed in an earlier thread a lot of
electricians came out of the 'woodwork'.

So. I now have 220 V in my shed for my Walker Turner table saw. I
noticed that the plug from the saw only has two wires. The ground is
not connected. My shed has a ground stake.
Should I run the ground wire to the saw? It certainly has a whooping
iron chasis.
Should I not do this?

(For those of you who helped me the last time, I finally decided to
get an electrician to wire it. He took the 220V
line from my 30 amp circuit for the house drier (I have a gas drier,
so I don't use it), ran #10 wires out to a 30 amp
breaker panel in the shed, split out two 110V circuits and a 20 amp
220v and put in a ground stake. This took him
6 hours. It would have taken me about 2 months).

thanks,

New Table Saws hildy Woodworking 2 July 4th 07 02:13 AM
How do SawStop Table Saws Compare as Saws? woodworker88 Woodworking 8 August 11th 05 04:42 AM
table saws Roonaldo Woodworking 14 September 20th 04 02:41 PM
Mitre saws, table saws, or flip saw? Tim Nicholson UK diy 6 May 9th 04 11:29 AM
Table Saws - what to do? HomeBrewer Woodworking 26 February 9th 04 01:03 AM