Posted to rec.woodworking

Default drawer slide adjustment

On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 20:10:59 -0600, the infamous Morris Dovey
scrawled the following:

wrote:

Heh. My version doesn't have glue lines, but glue rectangles (or
maybe they are triangles?) at the ends of the dividers. Clearly I
had a tolerance problem. I don't think any of the (non woodworkers)
I've shown it to have ever noticed on this feature of the project,
though.

This afternoon I found a photo of the first dry fit test and added it to
the bottom of the page:

http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/Projects/Bevel/

CNC braggart!

--
Every day above ground is a Good Day(tm).
-----------
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 06:18:22 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

I'm installing drawers using Accuride 4034 slides, a type where part
of the rail rides on top of, rather than nesting within, the rail that
is secured to the case. I carefully laid out for the slides and
installed them with the intent to get the drawers 1/4" recessed into
the case. But each drawer came out a little different. They aren't
recessed by the same amount, and one drawer front was twisted. (The
top left is recessed a 1/8 and the bottom left recessed 1/4, or
something like that.)

I figured it should be easy enough to make some small adjustments to
get the drawers to line up a little better. So for the drawer whose
front wasn't lined up I changed the angle of its slide mounting to the
case. But it seems that when I make this sort of change, I get
unpredictable results. This change cause the drawer to twist in its
opening so that the drawer front wouldn't even fit. The left side was
too far forward so I slid its side back...but this had no effect at
all.

Does anybody have any tips on how to adjust drawer slides?

I'm a little late on this but...... look at the slides very carfully.
there is a tab on the end of the slides at the back of the cabinet.
look at both side by side. Is one bent differently? I ran into this
not too long ago. everything was square and should have fit but one
drawer stuck out on the left and one stuck out on the right. I screwed
around with this crap for 2 days and finally took the slides out and
compared them. sure enough the tab at the back on one side of each set
of slides was bent! bent the offending tabs, put em back in and all
was right with the world. was it because of made in china or damaged
in shipping? dunno but it was a simple thing just not obvious.

skeez

How far can a drawer slide out? Aaron Fude Home Repair 11 January 21st 09 11:45 PM
Drawer slide lube? KC Home Repair 7 July 7th 08 11:36 PM
Old drawer slide???? Xantipas Home Repair 6 June 28th 08 07:34 PM
Old drawer slide???? RicodJour Home Repair 1 June 28th 08 03:33 AM
drawer slide Lee Woodworking 2 April 1st 08 07:38 PM