Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Good price right now on Porter Cable PC180DK-2 cordless drill

I had read in Consumer Reports about the Porter-Cable PC180DK-2 drill. It is
rated a Consumer Reports best buy. The price on Amazon is $129.99 before tax
and shipping. I found the same drill on the Ace Hardware website for $99.99
before tax and shipping. If you are willing to wait a little longer you can
have it shipped for free to an Ace Hardware store near you where you can go
pick it up. That is what I did.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dick Snyder" wrote in message
I had read in Consumer Reports about the Porter-Cable PC180DK-2 drill. It
is rated a Consumer Reports best buy. The price on Amazon is $129.99 before
tax and shipping. I found the same drill on the Ace Hardware website for
$99.99 before tax and shipping. If you are willing to wait a little longer
you can have it shipped for free to an Ace Hardware store near you where
you can go pick it up. That is what I did.

How does the drill feel in "your" hand? Regardless of what a report says,
if the drill does not feel right when you handle it you probably are not
going to like it.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Dick Snyder wrote:

I had read in Consumer Reports about the Porter-Cable PC180DK-2 drill. It
is rated a Consumer Reports best buy. The price on Amazon is $129.99
before tax and shipping. I found the same drill on the Ace Hardware
website for $99.99 before tax and shipping. If you are willing to wait a
little longer you can have it shipped for free to an Ace Hardware store
near you where you can go pick it up. That is what I did.

Believe this is the drill I bought a few months back. If it is, its a piece
a junk. The reverse and forward switch stopped working after only 3 weeks
on the job. I took it to a service center and they said they can't get
parts for the drill. The PC Rep. ended up replacing it for a Dewalt. I
would not touch PC cordless drills with a 10' drill bit at any price.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in
news

How does the drill feel in "your" hand? Regardless of what a report
says, if the drill does not feel right when you handle it you probably
are not going to like it.

That's actually what sold me on the brand of drill I have now. I picked it
up and realized owning one would be my destiny. (bad movie joke alert)
Luke, join me and we can drill and screw the universe. It is your destiny.
(I told you.)

Puckdropper
--
I probably shouldn't have signed this post. That's a really bad joke.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 20 Nov 2009 07:17:51 GMT, the infamous Puckdropper
puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com scrawled the following:

"Leon" wrote in
news

How does the drill feel in "your" hand? Regardless of what a report
says, if the drill does not feel right when you handle it you probably
are not going to like it.

That's actually what sold me on the brand of drill I have now. I picked it
up and realized owning one would be my destiny. (bad movie joke alert)
Luke, join me and we can drill and screw the universe. It is your destiny.
(I told you.)

Puckdropper

OK, Pucky (ooh, that sounds awfully close to Pukey Duck!) you win the
Groaner of the Day award.

And in D.C., O advisors are saying "Use the Farce, O!" and it was so.

--
When we are planning for posterity,
we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary.